Jambands.ca

Google Maps now offers "Satellite View"

paisley

just type in your address and when the map comes up click on "Satellite" link in the upper right hand corner... changes the map to the exact satellite picture

38 King William St, Hamilton, ON (Pepperjacks) (its pointing to the wrong building, kitty-corner to the bar, but I'm still pretty damn impressed)

kinda mesmerising if you click back and forth between map view and satellite view

Well DIgitalGlobe is only interested in urban areas right now in Canada...

For anyone that is familiar with this kind of technology, what Google has done here is INCREDIBLE, MIND-BOGGLING, STUPENDOUS, etc etc etc.... These guys are incredible.

I work with this sh!t every day and it's very humbling to see someone else overcome a massive roadblock like they have.

HOLY sh!t!

ad

Other sites like TerraServer USA and even mapquest have tried this before and for what they do it works fine, but google has integrated panning and zooming over terrabytes of data and over the internet extremely fast. This is what is most impressive to me. Their servers and software must be incredibly quick to handle so many requests at once and at such fast refreshes.

ad

just type in your address and when the map comes up click on "Satellite" link in the upper right hand corner... changes the map to the exact satellite picture

38 King William St, Hamilton, ON (Pepperjacks) (its pointing to the wrong building, kitty-corner to the bar, but I'm still pretty damn impressed)

kinda mesmerising if you click back and forth between map view and satellite view

Doesn't point at my house either. It's pointing at the dry cleaners 2 doors down.

They mentioned on the news this morning (5am or so) that you could actually see the crowd of people that came to see the popes funeral today,millions I guess.

Not on the Google maps thing, that's not possible...

What are you talking about? That you could see the people from space?

AD