Jambands.ca

5 fave bashishtsh

dJEd

lets do another of these.

Ron Carter - played on every other jazz record ever made

RonCarter-1-sc.jpg

Jaco Pastorius - untouchable

pic2.gif

Skeleton Man Marc Friedman - what the hell is that thingy he holds up to his bass to make it go weeeooooweeeooo anyway ?

marc_rie1.jpg

Dave Holland - i had a dream about haning with Holland and Sarah said i had a boner while i was sleeping

DAVE_HOLLAND_1-web.jpg

Cactus - 13 minutes or so into the Ghost from 11-17-97 is why i love Gordo.

Sharapov3_mike_gordon_news_0502.jpg

i wish i didn't leave my bassamp at my folk's place.

gooooood call on Raymond Berry Oakley III, one of the most underrated bassguys ever IMO.

i've been liking John Stiratt(wilco) and whoever played on Marvin Gaye's What's Goin On. i'm having a brain fart and i'm too lazy to look it up. you know, that guy.

Edited by Guest

Hard to boil it down to just a few (as usual) ...

Ron Carter

Tony Levin

John Entwistle

John Paul Jones

Jack Cassidy

Chris Squire

John Wetton (for his work with King Crimson, UK and Roxy Music ... his later work I can mostly take or leave alone)

Les Claypool

Bootsy Collins

Larry Graham

Danny Thompson

That's 11, 1 more than I should have allowed myself ... I will stop myself there, otherwise I could never stop :)

-Larry Graham

-Sir Paul

-Mike Gordon - I didn't realize how much I loved this guy until I recorded a song last year at a friend's studio ... it wasn't a jammy song or anything but all I could hear was Mike's bass bouncing along ... he's got 'more bounce than a fuckin ball' (beasties quote)

-Les Claypool

-John Entwhistle (The Real Me trumps all for bad assness)

I like anyone who can play inventively around the beat instead of just on top of it. Bass has always scared me.

Be afraid skinny string player, be very afraid.

Or just find your root note and always come back to the one....just not every bar...that's lame.....oh and listen to the kick drum...oh and pigeon peck with your neck.

Dave Hill from the Fat Cats is one of the best bass players I've seen.

Jaco is my major majorist influence.

Skeleton Man Marc Friedman - what the hell is that thingy he holds up to his bass to make it go weeeooooweeeooo anyway ?

That thingy you're reffering to is called and ebo. The ebo is a battery powered device that emitts a magnetic field that creates a tone in the guitar or bass' pickup. ;)