Jambands.ca

Fox Pulls The Plug on Arrested Development!

MarcO

not cancer:

BATEMAN HAS SURGERY

Jason Bateman of Fox's Arrested Development underwent surgery yesterday to remove a benign polyp in his throat, his publicist said. A spokesperson for Bateman in Los Angeles said the operation went smoothly and the 36-year-old actor was doing well.

Production on Arrested Development will be on hiatus for a few weeks while Bateman recovers. Original episodes of the show will continue to air through November.

it's truely amazing. this is perfect evidence that the current polling by Neilson's ratings is HORRIBLY skewed.

With the current digital TV technologies, they could empower people like me with the ability to 'opt-in' on ratings and track EVERYTHING I watch (aside from my computer PVR...and that's a different story).

As well, the amount of people that download shows off of the internet is astounding. The current generation watches TV on demand, and the internet is a big part of that via Torrents. The torrent trackers could show the extra millions that may be watching as well.

damn those executives.

I have no doubt that the show will eventually be resurrected. IT's just TOOO brilliant. The masses will catch up on DVD . Kinda like the family guy, they can't seem to track television viewers quantitatively, or accurately, but they can track DVD sales. Everyone go out and buy SEASON 1 and 2 !!!

Don't hate Fox, hate the average American that doesn't "get" it.

Probably a safe assumption that the average Canadian doesn't "get" it either.

I have no doubt that the show will eventually be resurrected. IT's just TOOO brilliant. The masses will catch up on DVD . Kinda like the family guy, they can't seem to track television viewers quantitatively, or accurately, but they can track DVD sales. Everyone go out and buy SEASON 1 and 2 !!!

I'm really hoping for this too, although we need to remember that it's a hell of a lot easier to reunite a small number of people to do voice-overs than it is an entire live-action cast, nevermind the logistics of sound stages/sets/etc.

Edited by Guest

not only that, I tried to pick it up for about 4 weeks on monday after I adjusted, and it was all fugging MLB! It came back after base-fukkin-ball for 1 goddamn episode and then they cancelled it. I would love to beat the shit out of the 1 person that is responsible. I know he/she is out there. If it's a woman, I'll beat her down too.

Edited by Guest

"Fox killed the show by moving it to Mondays."

They certainly had their purpose. I read an editorial back in August from some SanFran paper that predicted this chain of events based on that Monday move. Fox wanted to kill the show without looking like the bad guy.

"Heeeeeeey, we are losing tons of cash. This is one of the most expensive shows to make and no one is watching it."

There's a reason why you fuckwads.