Jambands.ca

frontier town- canada day

Mr. Musicface

Canada day is one of those wierd holidays. Here at Shred-Tech we get Monday, June 30th off. Which means I'll actually be working on Canada Day - July 1st. That's a good thing because it makes it a long weekend for me, but a bad thing because I can't take part in any of the Canada day celebrations down in Port Dover. Why can't it be the same day off for everyone in the country? It is Canada day right? I think it should be more like Christmas where Dec. 25th is the holiday no matter what day of the week it is, and the day after should be a holiday too!

And yes I'll be at CTMF, see y'all in the saloon Friday night.

quote:

Originally posted by ike:

Why can't it be the same day off for everyone in the country? It is Canada day right? I think it should be more like Christmas where Dec. 25th is the holiday no matter what day of the week it is, and the day after should be a holiday too!

Hey ike, don't quote me on it but I think this is against the law - you're right, everybody is supposed to close for July 1st no matter what day it is. At U of T where I work, this year they're giving us the 30th and the 1st so that's pretty sweet! [big Grin]

CTMF July is still up in the air for me, my mother-in-law's birthday is that weekend and we're supposed to do something for that, but I might try to come up just for the Friday to catch you guys and Erin Smith - we'll see what happens. Either way, have a great time everyone!

Peace,

Mr. M.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roberto Martinez Pereira (Cuban saxophonist with band)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

Roberto Martinez Pereira is a 19-year-old alto saxophonist from Camaguey, Cuba, now living in Havana. A precocious young artist with an exceptional understanding of his country's rhythms, he possesses an innate awareness of how to incorporate elements of jazz, funk and other non-Cuban ingredients into his music to achieve an impressive musical hybrid. His energetic stage presence and fearless leaps into improvisation have been amazing loyal audiences across Cuba, and have placed him in the vanguard of today's most impressive and promising young Latin musicians.

oh my

[Eek!]

[big Grin]

Archived