Jambands.ca

is there anything interesting to do in winnipeg?

phorbesie

i've heard it's the murder capital of canada.

Actually that's Thunder Bay... highest violent crime in North America. Yee-haw!

As for Winter-peg... go to The Forks and get stoned. Best music in town is at the Blue Note. Small with great service... go there and ask the bar tender what's going on. Or go and brave the winds at Portage & Main and take your picture by the street sign... that's what I did :)

This is all a bit surprising - the people I know who have moved there all claim that it is a great town. Where the hell else (so I gather) can you go within hundreds of miles for anything like alternative culture? B.B. King, apparently, is there tomorrow, though you'll have to choose between him and Aerosmith.

Good art galleries, too, from what I hear. It might not hurt to tool around the University of Manitoba and check out the flyers and magazines on campus.

And please check out any Louis Riel-oriented museums and apologise for me. Apparently I had a great great uncle who captained in the army against him.

Develop a serious drinking problem. It's the local past time.

That seems to be true; actually. I spent one night in Winnipeg ever' date=' and I was drunk the whole time. Being a non-drinker ... that's significant.[/quote']

interestingly enough, i have only been there for 45 minutes out of my life - and i, too, spent that entire 45 minutes workin' on gettin' loaded.

thanks peeps!

i don't have the energy to go to a show tonight...b.b. is tempting for sure though. that leaves getting drunk...but i'm sick and have a long day tomorrow.

maybe i'll find something interesting as i drive around this flat grid of streets.

large marge what's the significance of that street corner, portage and main?

:)

portage and main is known as the windiest intersection in canada.

Yeah, check out the forks adn see if anything is happening, but WPG in winter is pretty bleak. I guess you could go check out a Moose game. From what I hear they've got great support, and the winnipeg arena is truly a sight to behold. Was lucky enough to catch teh Jets playing there back in the day.