Jambands.ca

What bad songs haunt you?

Patchoulia

For example, my internal jukebox just started playing "My girl wants to party all the time.." by Eddie Murphy!!

Why??! Why, I ask, why? Is this some cruel cosmic joke?

I certainly did not press play on that one...I mercifully haven't even though about that song in YEARS..yet there it is!!!

What bad songs haunt *you*?

Part All The Time is in my head sometimes too. Since I work for a music station that plays 90% bad tunes, I have waay to many bad songs in my head to mention. However, songs by Jewel and Shakira come to mind ( and isn't Jewel trying to be Shakira now? ).

However, usually good songs or parts of good songs haunt my thoughts:

Duane Allman's solo on Whippin' Post from the Fillmore

Maggot Brain - Funkadelic

Kick Out The Jams - MC5

Black Math - The White Stripes

Sister Surround - The Soundtrack Of Our Lives

' make up your miiiiind, and I'll make up miiiine. DOnt worry aboooout me, I'll be fiiine'

AAAAAAARRGHH!!!![Mad][Mad][Frown]

It's funny that this band was dicovered by the Nickelback- bully. Cause you can sing nickebacks big hit in place of the lyrics of this song. instead of 'we wake up, we break up.." try that 'un-yeah un-yeah un-yeah' you know the one.. identical!! and horrible!!

Anything played on Queasy Listening radio...I totally agree about Seasons in the Sun...*shudder*....and I've definitely heard enough Shitney Spears (and Shitney Houston) to last a lifetime.

Tidbit: I used to work in a cube-farm where I was forced to endure the musical choices of others...during this unfortunate period, I came to learn that all of Britney's songs are exactly the same..i.e. you can sing any set of lyrics to any song because it's just one tune, used over and over and over again.

I get to listen to Galaxy network's "the 70's" all night at work on an 8 hour rotation...so there are quite a few songs that I'd like to erase from my waking memory....I'd have to go with....

"Knock 3 times on the ceiling if you want me (boom, boom, boom). Twice of the pipes (ting, ting) if the answer is noooo"

[Mad][Mad][Mad] I hate this song, I always end up whistling it on my days off....damn you shitty 70's music!

Guest Low Roller

It's hard to pinpoint a current mainstream song that hurts my ears since most of them sound like they were written in the boardroom, so I'll turn to the good 'ol song that has taunted my sanity since the day I first heard it:

"Meow meow meow meow,

Meow meow meow meow,

Meowmeow meow meow meow meowmeow meow." [Mad]

Welcome to my suffering.

How about the new Counting Crows butcher-job of Joni Mitchell's classic 'Big Yellow Taxi'.

They even added a new part. Someone should torture and kill them for their audacity.

Also, I second the Avril Levigne 'Knockin' On Heaven's Door abonination. It should be illegal to record that song nowadays.

...plus everything on all rock-radio stations and 99% of new R&B music.

Weezy, I don't agree that 99% of music on all rock stations suck; I think it's closer to 70-80%. There is a real rock renaissance going on now that's exciting. I can't believe that certain bands even get played on rock radio. However I do agree that Avril's " Knockin' On Heaven's Door " sucks hard. So does Guns & Roses version. Also, Jeff Healey should never been given a blessing by George Harrison to do a cover of " While My Guitar Gently Weeps ". It's fuckin a dated, over-produced, middle-of-the-road bull-shit song.

Guest Low Roller

quote:

Originally posted by Davey Boy:

Woof ! I think I'd prefer wearing a hair shirt while listening to BGH's greatest hits over and over again...

Oh, the humanity!!! Nice shirt though.

G&R-Knockin on heavens door

Avril Lavigne-Knockin on heavens door

Phish-Round room the entire album

Bare naked ladies-Lovers in a dangerous time

Forget about the radio,I agree with it being a complete annoyance.

Archived