Jambands.ca

Dog Names?

LJFH

We are getting puppy today and I'm trying to find a perfect name for him.

So far we've got:

Casey

Ruger

Lucky Thom

Brother ("bro" for short)

and then hit a brick wall...can't think of anything else. Except I don't want to use Marley or Jerry.

Any suggestions?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember a Rita Rudner bit, where she said, "My husband and I have been wanting to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, so I have an announcement. We got a dog. Well, they're cheaper, and you get more feet..."

I'd be tempted to call him "Stay". That way you can say, "Come here, Stay!" and confuse his little puppy mind beyond belief. :)

How about "Knick" (as in "The Knick")?

Aloha,

Brad

Have a naming party..thats what I did when I got my dog. We had a huge list made up (and she was tearing around the house). Someone put on the album Bob Marley - Kaya and she totally chilled out (and sat down right in front of me) I decided to call her Kaya.

before you make your final decision, take the names you have, and say each one over and over and over for about 1 min straight. then try yellin em out at the top of your lungs a few times. if you're not sick of it, and if you wouldn't mind screamin it in public , pick it. and maybe think about possible rhymes you might want to avoid. for example, my dog darius, is hilarious. (i've since aborted the word hilarious from my vocabulary when describing my dog)