Jambands.ca

As if there's no Superbowl thread!?!

lara

Associated Press They may not have flashed any body parts -- except for Mick Jagger's well-toned stomach -- but the Rolling Stones made ABC glad it imposed a five-second broadcast delay on the Super Bowl halftime show last night. Two sexually explicit lyrics were excised from the rock legends' performance. ABC blanked out one word in Start Me Up and one word in Rough Justice . The only song not censored was (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction , a 41-year-old song about sexual frustration.

The song "Rough Justice" includes lyrics

One time you were my baby chicken

Now you've grown into a fox

Once upon a time I was your little rooster

But am I just one of your cocks

The word "cocks" wasn't heard (it wasn't bleeped, they just didn't let it through).

Aloha,

Brad

hey velvet...you were wondering why joe montana didn't walk out onto the field with the other mvps...

well here's your answer...he's a greedy man ;)

When the NFL unveiled its MVPs from the previous 39 Super Bowls, only three living members skipped the ceremony.

Former 49ers quarterback Joe Montana and former Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw decided to stay home, while former Dolphins MVP Jake Scott was traveling in Australia.

Montana, the league's only three-time Super Bowl MVP, turned down the invitation over money, Newsday and the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

Bradshaw, who told league officials that he wanted to be with his family, also took issue with the fees, the Chronicle reported. Bradshaw, through a representative, denied the Chronicle's report that there was a dispute over money.

Former MVPs were given $1,000 for incidental expenses while in Detroit, along with other amenities such as plane tickets, car rental and game tickets.

Sources told each paper that Montana asked for a guarantee of at least $100,000 in appearance money.

When the league balked at Montana's demands, the quarterback declined to be in attendance.

hey kitkat!

hope your well. did he really go to the game???? if so how did he get tix? i ask cause my dad and brother tried to go a couple of years ago, but could not find tix at all.

Spencer I'm pretty sure Dave's step-dad is the QB coach for the Steeler's. Not a bad connection to have.