Jambands.ca

Oysterhead added to Bonnaroo

SmoothedShredder

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... While the addition of Oysterhead doesn't make me want to go to Bonnaroo any more than before, I can only hope that it means that there will be a new album and, hopefully, tour. The Oysterhead show I caught in Toronto in 2001 was incredible. I've always said that Oysterhead was one of the best Phish side-projects that ever happened.

Hmmm... While the addition of Oysterhead doesn't make me want to go to Bonnaroo any more than before, I can only hope that it means that there will be a new album and, hopefully, tour. The Oysterhead show I caught in Toronto in 2001 was incredible. I've always said that Oysterhead was one of the best Phish side-projects that ever happened.

You're definetely the most biased music fan I know. And I'm proud to call you my friend for that exact reason. Let's do some Q+A shall we?

1st Question: Jason, do you think that, Superfly Productions, adding a super band the likes of Oysterhead this quickly after the announcement of

it's original lineup of Radiohead, Beck, Death Cab For Cutie, and Bonnie Raitt will infact draw more musically empathetic people towards the festival?

I only ever saw Oysterhead play one time. It was adequate at best.

Maybe I didn't catch them on a really great night, but they were blown away by the opener, the North Mississippi All Stars.

I'm glad they're back together though. That kind of heavy-hitting bass along with a member of Phish has a lot of potential. I just didn't think it made the mark when I saw it.