Jambands.ca

Stephen Franke and NFTT: March 2,3,4 in Ontario

Stoolshed

Mark your calendars...We've got three shows we're doing this coming weekend in Ontario. Canada Music Week gave us a showcase, and we booked a few shows around it because we like to play!

Thursday March 2rd, 2006: Hamilton, Pepperjack's Cafe (w. friends of Hefner)

Friday March 3rd, 2006: Toronto, CMW 2006, Cadillac Lounge (our set at midnight)

Saturday March 4th, 2006: Ottawa, Avant-Garde Bar (135 1/2 Besserer St. - w. 'Dave Rahmer' and 'Heather Kelday from Barefoot')

Our show in Toronto on Friday March 3rd at midnight is at the Cadillac Lounge (1296 Queen st. W), but we're only playing for 45 minutes, so we encourage everyone in the Toronto area who wants to see a full night of music, to come to our Hamilton show the night before. Pepperjack's is an awesome place!

As well, we love Ottawa and it'll be a great night, so come early for the openers. Their great! Doors at 9pm, music around 10pm.

See you there.

Ciao, Stephen

www.stephenfranke.ca

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other thing is that Avant Garde isn't known for cheap vodka, just a wide range of different vodkas, and those neat glass-within-a-glass serving things. It does, however, offer cheap beer: Lakeport Honey ($2.25/bottle) and Lucky ($2.75/bottle).

Aloha,

Brad

repeating myself here from another post, but...

I miss A Particular Wave, they were fun.

listening to some Gnu Band and * A Particular Lift from Halloween 2000 @ Vertigo, University of Victoria, BC

recorded on mini-disc and sounding good

* A Particular Lift are members of Lift and A Particular Wave

Stephen Franke was the keyboardist for APW and Gnu Band

question: I heard recently that members of the Toolshed are ex Lift members true or false ?

read about it here

The Steven Franke boys were a lot less jazzy this time around. I like this new direction (if that's in fact what it is).

I woke up at 3:00pm the following day though. Actually, I got out of bed but didn't really ever wake up. I'm still noticing bumps and bruises (did I fall into or out of the hot tub?) What a party!

i couldn't finish my entire cohiba. I probably shouldn't have lit it at such a late hour, but I felt like I just attended a fantastic couple of shows worth celebrating.

Avant Garde....I've never seen a bar turn away so many people before. Was it the Fire Marshell or Liquor Inspector? Despite the lack of location support, everyone that were allowed in seemed to have a great ol' time.

I did a head count in order to get a couple of more people in, and I counted exactly 40. The owner didn't believe me and said in a great russian accent...."If you trust your word, you will bet me $100"

repeating myself here from another post, but...

I miss A Particular Wave, they were fun.

listening to some Gnu Band and * A Particular Lift from Halloween 2000 @ Vertigo, University of Victoria, BC

recorded on mini-disc and sounding good

* A Particular Lift are members of Lift and A Particular Wave

Stephen Franke was the keyboardist for APW and Gnu Band

question: I heard recently that members of the Toolshed are ex Lift members true or false ?

read about it here

not sure what post this is from, but to answer the lift question, the two members who used to play with Lift (Ryland (bass) and Brent (drums)) are no longer with the band. they were around last year when i saw them, but not this time around.