Jambands.ca

Att: Bluesfest goers

dave-O

I just got back from the site... looks like the lawn chairs are already running rampant [Mad]

A couple of quick tips...

You need to go into the park north of Laurier to get your tickets/wristbands/whatever.

There is a side entrance for people with wristbands/stamps on Lisgar St. This may be useful to avoid congestion at the main gate.

I wanna be up front and dancing for the Allmans. They need to rope off an area in front of the stage for that and push the lawn chair crowd back 50 feet.

What's your game plan? Say fuck 'em and get in their way or is anyone gonna get there early and come by their spot honestly?

P.S. Are they serving beer in cans this year? What brand and how's the shakedown to get in?

Guest Low Roller

For the Allman's I suggest getting there early, because apparently the crowd is going to be huge.

Molson Canadian and Coors Light in cans, Canadian and Rickard's Red on tap. I didn't notice any kind of shakedown at all.

Helium Balloons on a lawnchair apparantly works too.

The lawn chairs are UNBELIEVABLY space consuming. Each chair/footstool/cooler takes up a good 3-4 person space.

Isn't that why they have a paid GOLD PASS SECTION? To sit down in chairs?

Tonight is Punk night and each of the bands do not allow lawn chairs "HERE HERE!!!!". I wish we could all email the Allman's and ask them to request the same thing.

Yep..the lawn chair thing is really f'ing stupid. I don't want to disrupt a seated person's enjoyment of the show but I may just have to in the case of the Allman's.

Say..I didn't stick around for Cesaria last night but did she end up performing? I waited around until 8:30 and no dice...I hear she's an alcoholic and sometimes gets too drunk to play so maybe that's what happened. Too bad because she's a beautiful singer.

You can't beat the lawnies, man. These guys'll kil you I'm serious. I get in a fight every year because they have lawn chairs and I dance in front of them. Fuck the odl bastards. They take up so much space it's not funny. I sent an email last year and proposed that they make a lawn chair area and a standing/sittin on the grass area. I never got a reply. But my letters to the Globe helped prompt a feature article on the problem.

IMO, we should just line up everyone over 40 at the festival and smack em in the head with their own chairs, esp. the ones who leave them there ll week.

i say if you wana sit the buy a seat,, the chairs just take up sapce anbd piss people off, i think they should have to pay extra if they take a chair, but good call on the chair section tony,, its called the seats,, and there already is a sitting / dancing area called the lawn,, i say we all that thumb tack and put them on any chairs we see on the lawn,, or maybe a woopie cusion, or maybe ever if you see some one in a cvhair on the lawn just go and sit on theere lap,,, and if they ask why you are sitting oin then,, just say "cause your in my sitting space,, then pee in your pants whil still sitting on there lap

Yeah, it might be fun, but...I don't want things to get antagonistic*.

I don't blame the lawn-chair users (some of them have to use chairs), I blame the organizers. The Ottawa Folk Festival has (or used to have a policy) of dividing the grounds in half: one half for low or no chairs, the other half for normal-sized chairs. That way, people can flake out on a blanket, and not get blocked by behemoth chairs. The Bluesfest grounds should have a similar split (maybe not 50/50, but certainly a decent amount of room for dancing/standing).

I don't know of t-shirt makers, but saw a craft once that went like this:

• take a piece of sandpaper, and use regular crayons to put an image on it; if you want letters, make sure they're written backwards (e.g., so the words can be read in a mirror)
  • place the sandpaper, image-side-down, on a t-shirt, cover the paper with cloth, and then use an iron to transfer the image (I don't know what setting to use, though)
  • the image should stand up to washing in cold water

Aloha,

Brad

* The slogan should really be something like, "Lawn chair users at open-grounds shows who get on the cases of dancers suck", but that's too long to be effective, I fear.

there is a t shirt guy near my house,, its called ummmmmmmmm........markies,, at like young and i dunno across from roy foss,, he will do it,, you can also get the iron on transfers made a kinkos and places like that for about 50 cents each, if you make the shirts i'll take one and then we can all stand infront of some lawn chair users,.,, and then when they stand up to ask us to move,,, bammo i'll put a thumb tack under there lazt asses,, ( unless they are handy capped or crippled and deserver to get to sit)

Ok, is it JUST a rumour that lawn-chairs arent allowed during the Allman's show?

If so, I have been spreading that one like wildfire.

Want a good tee shirt idea?

I obviously wont ever make it:

Ralph, standing and looking down, saying

"I bent my wookie"

and on the ground below him, is a cartoon drawing of any fine-lookin wook, all bent out of shape!

[big Grin]

Archived