Jambands.ca

CTMF

Im going home Donny

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's no tickets at the gate which, seems to suggest private party. by invitation only. The tickets say "your invited" on them. Perhaps this is the loop hole. After a certain time, the party moves "indoors" to the Saloon. Perhaps another loop hole?

No tickets in Hamilton presents a real problem. Is this related to the never-ending behind the scene politics that take place? (My theory on my Doug Feaver isn't booked as well.)

I'm sure I could never miss it but boy am I tempted to just go up north and chill out in Honey Harbour.

Hey maybe I'll visit ya on our way if ya do Willy, we're thinking Cyprus Lake in Tobermory now, seeing as times a ticking and not everyone I'm with can wait much longer to book off sometime at work.

Not too mention feels like driving all over to find a ticket.

[color:red][edit to add]

Correction, I wouldn't be able to visit on our way as I was mistaking Honey Harbour with somehwere else.

Edited by Guest

No tickets in Hamilton, and no tickets at the gate? I don't understand.

Further, is anybody else substantially disappointed that the lineup consists of acts that can be seen at least twice a year in Ontario (except for Freekbass)? No offense at all to the acts on the bill, they're all great, but there's no artist on the bill that's drawing me to the fest because they may not be back up here for a while...I remember being enticed by a bill that included Vorcza, Jacob Fred and Brothers Past in the same weekend last year. Granted, BP didn't make it, but that's a lineup that seemed a little more out-of-the-ordinary.

The bands on this bill are amazaing. Any opportunity to see this many high calibre bands during one wekend should be GREATLY appreciated. And to see them in such an interactive outdoor setting is killer!! I shake my head sadly at all the detractors. This is going to be a kick ass party.

I just got an email from Mark Wilson, and tickets will be available in Hamilton at Shady Grove. Here is his email to me:

"Hey mark,

... just an oversight on my part. Of course tickets will be sold at julies. I will be in touch with her early next week."

As for the festival being shut down, I'm very optimistic that it wouldn't get shut down, as adjustments are being made to keep it to a manageable size (i.e. 500 people), and to ensure that the outdoor music finishes by 11 p.m. to avoid noise complaints.

As for the lineup, a conscious decision has been made to focus on Canadian talent, for a number of reasons. We've got some great Canadian talent that will be a treat to hear ... yes I can go to a Burt show or a Fatties show in a bar, but that just doesn't compare to seeing either of those bands outside! Or Caution Jam in the saloon! Think of this event as a celebration that includes and bands and the fans that form the core of the southern Ontario jam community.

I'm looking forward to a great weekend at Frontier Town!

Peace, Mark

good decision mark.

bnb, fatties, jomo, i'd rather see these bands than 'todays talent' from the states.

the pool down there is very watered down....we have some serious talent up here....

I'm quite certain BNB will rock CTMF harder than any yankee band that they could drag up here...

I shake my head sadly at all the detractors.

Dude. Message boards are for public comment. I said it nicely and without malice. I shake my head sadly at those who shake their heads sadly at people who don't agree with them!

I'll probably still be at the fest (now that it appears I can get a ticket in Hamilton - thanks for checking that out, Mark). I understand that the 500 ticket limit must be in place in order to keep the festival legit, and hence the organizers can't work up the kind of revenue to book multiple out-of-town acts.

I for one also dig the southern ontario jamband scene. There are plenty of festivals available if one wants to go check out the "bigger" acts. I kind of like the community feel to this festival, it's what helps keeps this whole thing rolling.

I hope the weather isn't too chilly. Mind you, the saloon is going to be HOT!!

I shake my head sadly at all the detractors.

Dude. Message boards are for public comment. I said it nicely and without malice. I shake my head sadly at those who shake their heads sadly at people who don't agree with them!

Sorry my brother, never meant any offense. I think the lineup is teriffic. Some of these bands haven't been around in a while and it will be great to see them. You can't see a band like JSB every weekend, or Slowcoaster, or a few other ones. The bands are all relevant bands offering real additions to the musical community. I'm stoked.

The drive through Algonquin is stellar. I wouldn't miss the opportunity to do it. Leave yourself lots of time (if possible) and stop off at Rock Lake Campground and hike the Booth's Rock Trail. This 5.1 km loop visits two lakes and a spectacular lookout, returning via an abandoned railway. The lookout is worth the trip alone.

Further, is anybody else substantially disappointed that the lineup consists of acts that can be seen at least twice a year in Ontario

As far as I am concerned, its a joke.

yes I can go to a Burt show or a Fatties show in a bar, but that just doesn't compare to seeing either of those bands outside!

george-bush.gif

The festival is going to be great...come on folks stop bitching and lets get ready to party!!!

Right on! Feck, they could have Bea Arthur in a G-string playing the kazoo for three days straight and Id still go cuz IT'S FUCKIN AWESOME UP THERE.

(Which isnt to say I dont like the bands, I infact love the lot of them and enjoy seeing them up there. Caution Jam in the Saloon...cowadelic indeed...)

Edited by Guest