Jambands.ca

CTMF

Im going home Donny

Dude. Message boards are for public comment. I said it nicely and without malice. I shake my head sadly at those who shake their heads sadly at people who don't agree with them!

I'll probably still be at the fest (now that it appears I can get a ticket in Hamilton - thanks for checking that out, Mark). I understand that the 500 ticket limit must be in place in order to keep the festival legit, and hence the organizers can't work up the kind of revenue to book multiple out-of-town acts.

Hey Good Rev, I understand how some would be disappointed with the lack of bigger names from the States or more variety at this fest. I think that many of us would love to hit up a festival in Ontario that is similar to one of those that seems to happen so frequently south of the border. I know that I would. Having said that, I would still want there to be an event like this one, which features some of our Canadian favourites. Personally, one of the best weekends of my entire life happened up at Frontier Town five years ago, during the May 2001 Come Together Fest. And there was nothing but "local favourites" at that event. And some great friends that I met for the first time ever during the course of that weekend ...

No problem with finding out about Hamilton tickets and Shady Grove. Basically, I am doing whatever I can to support and help out Mark Wilson with this festival, because I love the music and the people that I've met over the years at these events.

I'm quite certain BNB will rock CTMF harder than any yankee band that they could drag up here...

Burt Neilson Band, Sunday May 20, 2001, Come Together Music Fest at Frontier Town, Papa Was A Rolling Stone to start the second set ... it sends shivers through my body just thinking about it!

As far as I am concerned, its a joke.

Booche, it would be great to see you and Douglas at Frontier Town so we could share the joke and some other laughs together! :P :laugh:

Peace, Mark

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. I want Booche and Douglas there too. If candy-ass, child-laden wusses like CJ and I can make the trip, there are no excuses. I'm going to plant one little bit of innuendo about him with CSIS each and every day until Booche relents.

They have a hotline, I hear. And I'm sure I can make up all sorts of good stuff once the real shockers run out ;).

I'm skipping this one. I'd like to see some new and different things this time around, not re-live 2001. Nothing personal, It's just not worth my time and money. It seemed like last year the festival was on the up and up. Booking new and different acts and now all of a sudden we're "back to our roots"(again!). It's not that I don't LOVE these bands but I expected more. Like maybe two steps forward instead of two steps back.

Last year I really thought CTMF was going to be going somewhere in the music world. Instead we're taking down websites and trying to make a secretive smaller thing out of it because it can't be legit. Sorry, but that just sounds like a rave or something equally as lame to me. I seriously hope nothing goes wrong and everyone there has an amazing time as I've had since 2000 at CTMF.

Word has that Izzy no longer owns Izzy's and thus the relocation...I'm sure Mark Wilson has been scrambling in areas other than talent booking if this is in fact true.

JSB will be cool to see @ an outdoor fest.

Whatever...if you're going...let's rock the fuck out.

Deeps

Burt Neilson Band, Sunday May 20, 2001, Come Together Music Fest at Frontier Town, Papa Was A Rolling Stone to start the second set ... it sends shivers through my body just thinking about it!

It'll be forever etched my mind. I'm pretty sure that was the first time I heard them play it and they more thn nailed it....it seemed like they had made it their own. I seriously think that was one of my top five BNB experiences and I've had a few.

During my time at ghosttown for ctmf (2000-2003), I always had a serious blast, but I was also always accused by Mark Wilson that I snuck in even after buying a block of tix or a single from Julie at Shady Grove... 028.gif, so I don't feel so bad missing this one.

Last friday was my friends cut-off time for booking days off, which he was 2 weeks late doing and instead of a 4 day weekend he was offered a 6 day weekend if he worked the long weekend & took his holiday starting tuesday. No word had been posted about tickets as of friday 5pm, so a decsion was made. Fishing in the north for a week, I ain't complainnig.

Have a blast folks.

ITS IN DURHAM AGAIN!

Well and good' date=' but it's starting to look like a bit of an adventure to get to from Ottawa. The drive through Algonquin Park looks nice, but there sure are a lot of zigs and zags. Any advice from this bit of the province?

[/quote']

If you need some directions let me know. Durham is right by where I'm from and I know several routes from Ottawa over there.

ahhhh, i see gregor.

i assumed you were talking about Port Loring area....pike fishing would be top notch around that time.

i didn't know you walleye fished. where abouts you going? if you'd prefer, we could continue this conversation through PM, as it seems fishing on a phishing site may not be tolerated.

I refuse to use the purple font, it kind of takes all the fun out of sarcasm

Sure, I agree, it definitely takes some of the fun out of sarcasm, but it also removes some of the misunderstandings that were leading to threats of knives, guns, and even death between members of this community.

Sadly, that's not a joke.

I'm doing a little fishing that weekend myself - fishin' for beer in my cooler at ctmf that is.

not the same for you outdoorsy boys catching a live one I know - but just as satisfying for me.

Oh so shiny, pretty and so filling.

Funny - I seem to have these memories of CTMF of never ever getting around to eating (for some bizarre reason ;) ).