Jambands.ca

JSB "Foam Show" 6/4 - Chatham *pictures*

backbacon

So I ended up going to see JSB at the local nightclub 'Twisters' last ngiht. I got there shortly after 9 and there was this stupid little coral set up with a bunch of teens in it dancing in waist-high foamy bubbles. The jsb were sitting around wondering what in the world they got themselves into.

I figured the bubble set up would be taken down for jsb to play but it wasn't. it sat there right in front of the stage for the duration of the night.

At around 10 pm jsb decided to "Get this over with" and took the stage to begin their hour long, one set, no encore show. They sounded okay.. I little loud and tinny though. They played 80's Runway Model, some other songs and their last song was a new one I think. I thought it was pretty good once the few minutes of singing got done.

There were only 3 people there to watch the show... plus two tag-alongs from the London show and about 5 people sitting around the bar drinking their blues away. One friend showed up in time to catch the last song or so… oh, and there were two older gentlemen sitting at the side; I think they were there to oogle the bikini clad underagers in the foam zone though.

I’ll post some photos of the foam zone and of jsb playing. I have some video footage too… the best is when the foam coral is being refilled by this massive foam cannon, sounding like a let engine, blasting out foam a couple feet from Craig’s head as jsb plays on.

Was it worth $10 to see an hour of JSB? No, I wouldn’t go that far… however, I don’t blame them at all for swiftly wrapping things up like they did. Was it worth $10 to witness the most ridiculously absurd scene in Canadian jamband history? Hell yeah!

Click the pictures for larger versions...

Pre JSB foaming fun!

161252559_eae7e54d32.jpg

Pre JSB filling the foam coral

161252554_0f1f561b93.jpg

JSB with a packed Foam Zone!

161258410_1f93b0f182.jpg

A Thinned-out Foam Zone crowd.

161258408_e38f66f2cf_o.jpg

Filling up the Foam Zone again!

161258411_dd9c48f19c.jpg

One lonley hardcore foamer!

161252556_88b448cc54.jpg

A Final Shot...

161252558_f1ee93c873.jpg

lol

i made the vital mistake of mentioning the 'all ages foam party' to my friends... and drinking on a couple different patios yesterday afternoon to make it out.

i thought twisters did a shitty job at advertising too.. from what i saw anyway.. i know there's not too many people in chat that are into the 'scene'.. but at least they could have advertised JSB on their sign out front. and their myspace advertised the all ages foam party over the band as well.. i think their poster had a little bubble lost in it somewhere with 'special guest appearance by JSB'.. which i thought was pretty lame.

when i messaged the band just to confirm that they were actually playing said gig they said yes.. kinda laughed it off and said they were trying to play to as many audiences as possible on this tour.. so i guess mission accomplished!

Before jsb went on the dj asked everyone all pumped up like "how many of you are graduating this year!!??" To which there were some shouts and woo hoos from the the foam coral... then dj: "Okay, well this one's for all you people in the graduating class!" And then he played some dancey song. I think everyone who went woo hoo was lying.

I agree, the advertising was very poor. Twisters doesn't deserve to even be a bar the way they run things. Zero effort.

Well, if it was a Saturday, there would have been a lot more people there. People who just go there on Saturdays to dance, etc. would have inadvertently been in attendance for the jsb. If it was Saturday jsb would have been playing in between sets of dance club music.

plus all the schoolie kids wouldn't have school the next morning.

twisters really doesn't deserve to be a bar. simple advertising that literally costs NOTHING is overlooked, continuously. and then sometimes they go all out for other bands... i dunno.. i've been to a few shows there where it's like four of us and the bartender.. which sucks.. they could do so much more with the place if they half-ass cared. brutal.

*sigh*

enough with them..

yeah, if it isn't Practically Hip or Three Dumbfucks Down then it seems they don't even care to put it on there stupid dumpy joke for a sign.

I'll post the pics tonight! They are hot!! especially hot was how the foam cannon operator's helper would go around the outside of the coral and collect all the foam that had seeped from under the coral walls with a big sheet of carboard and then dump all the dirty floor foam back in to enhance the foamers enjoyment! Yum!!

haha practically hip.. hilarious.. we stood in line for a good half hour in kelowna may 24 weekend to see them b4 we decided to bust out.

lol dirty foam and 'three dumbfucks down'.. i remember when they first re-did the place from the old eightball days into what it is now and i was kind of excited.. talk about a LET DOWN.

JSB needs to fire their manager for some of the gigs they got put into.

-the London gig I was at, they were tagged with 4 other bands, two of which where good and one of which was a truly godd match for them - 55 min set

-see Chatham example above

-they got booked at the Harb in Owen Sound. Trust me, that's an experience they will never forget.

nothing like the old 8 Ball!!!!

LOL...

on a related note i was there for a radio station gig years ago when the foamn first started flying and this chick who was hammered proceeded to strip down and was showing off her boobs to everyone...of course i wante dto get a good look so i moved towards the foam area and it turned out to be my roomates girlfriend!!!

she had a nice rack tho... ;)