Jambands.ca

Ottawa - fish & chips

d_rawk

This contradicts what I said recently about not eating seafood, but ...

Crazy fish and chips craving. Royal Oak is inconsistant. Joey's Only a little too family oriented.

Any good fish & chips joints? Preferably takeout.

(BTW: this is an emergency. Quick response appreciated.)

While I find the Riverside Pub has my second favorite fish'n'chips that I have tried in Ottawa, my all-time favorite fish'n'chips has to be on Bank.......cant think of the name.

Its in the South End about a half a kilometer past Billings Bridge (on the right coming from your direction). There is a tiny plaza that features the new Colonade Pizza at the front of it. You wont see it if you driving because it is tucked away in the corner. Its a seafood shop that also has a small eatery. Get the lobster bisque to start off with.

Fuck, its good.

Once you see the Local Heroes on the left you are not far off.

This may be a little late, but may (or may not) be a good reference for the future.

The Mayflower on Elgin at Cooper used to have a good Fish 'n' Chips, but it's been a while.

Let me know what worked for you. I get those cravings, too, and often have to settle on Dunn's... which is also not entirely bad.

As meggo put above, we ended up at the RO. Riverside was a bit too far, and for some reason (meggo?) she wasn't comfortable with Lapointe.

All suggestions have been duly noted, though. The cravings are rare, but next time they hit, I've got a few good ideas of where to go.

(For what it's worth, the canal-side Royal Oak was on game tonight, as far as f&c goes.)