Jambands.ca

The Best TV Shows That You Can't Watch Without Drinking

Jaimoe

This thought came when discussing great TV shows with Booche the other day. He believes (and I concur) that that we are in another Golden Age Of Television and ironically, some of the best shows on the tube almost require the viewer to drink. Not ironically, my three top programs have lead characters that are card-carrying alcoholics, wrought with demons both physical and mental.

In no order:

Deadwood

Rescue Me

Battlestar Galactica

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We tried to rent Deadwood the other day, but the first set of episodes were out. I am all over that show like scum on a pond. It looks fantastic. Right up my alley.

Oh, and I thank reality tv for this surge is great writing.

Booche, as per our Deadwood talk the other night. Here's a picture of Powers Booth as saloon owner Cy Tolliver (and arch enemy of my avatar Al Swearengen):

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000959/

cast-cy.jpg

Guest Low Roller

I'm hooked on Scrubs and Arrested Development... Sadly one is already cancelled, but the other has risen from the ashes and will return for a sixth season! Both brilliant shows.

Is it wrong to like Friends?

I'm hooked on Scrubs and Arrested Development... Sadly one is already cancelled, but the other has risen from the ashes and will return for a sixth season! Both brilliant shows.

I thought Scrubs was up to it's Seventh season next year ... either way, definitely my favorite show , and mad phat props for Zach Braff also writing, directing and starring in my favorite movie of recent years, Garden State.

"Appletinis? Since when do gays drink straight guy drinks?"

I've started watching reruns of Friends lately. It was a great show.

Also, very much enjoying Sex in the City, in fact we can sit down for one episode and not stop until 5 episodes later. "Just one more bouchey, come on!"

Everything I watch on TV is a drinking show. Booze and TV go hand in hand.

Ollie, we're going over there to celebrate beer, that's it. Beer and poutine! Not seperatism. However, you will have to speak French to me all night if you don't want to have your butt kicked. ;-)

Ms. Hux, I woulda loved to sit on your patio and try that beer can chicken! But I know we would have never left in time for us to get to Aylmer.

Oh, I find I have to drink when Ollie watches sports on TV.

I found Hemmingway books and stories always gave me a powerful thirst

as for TV? yeah pretty much everything i guess, but Colbert and Daily show are that much funnier with booze, chronic, vicodin and a dash of red bull

i might go watch some colbert reports in a minute

(PS this ain't Catphish)

Edited by Guest
makes them shows funnier but makes you forgetful too