www.thejimmyswiftband.com

www.myspace.com/tjsb

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Doors 9:00 PM Show 10:00PM ~ $10

Horseshoe Tavern

www.horseshoetavern.com

Toronto, ON

opening acts TBA

After wowing rock audiences at a headlining gig at Lee's Palace during North By North East, converting Toronto's techno and breaks communities at a Promise Cherry Beach Party and as the Secret Band at the Make it Funky Party, The Jimmy Swift Band (JSB) is poised to take their sound to new heights with the release of their 3rd studio effort tentatively entitled "And We Milked it For All it Was Worth" on September 19th, 2006. Add to that headline performances at this years' EVOLVE, COME TOGETHER and WEMF Festivals and you've got the recipe for one of Canada's hottest underground acts.

JSB have been forging their own path in Canadian Music for the past five years. During this time their energetic and improvisational live show has helped the band develop a cult like following throughout the country. They have performed 200 + shows a year for the past three years - selling out venues and packing dance floors across North America. The JSB sound is so original that critics and fans have come up with a new genre to define it - Rocktronica.

Coming out of Halifax, Nova Scotia, JSB consists of Craig Mercer on guitar, vocals, and effects, Aaron Collier on keyboards and effects, Mike MacDougall on bass, and Nick Wombolt on drums. Each member brings their own strengths to a powerful sound which is greater than the sum of its parts. Their influences range from Daft Punk to Pink Floyd to Guns and Roses, and they meld aspects of these sounds together to create their original Rocktronica.

JSB are currently completing the recording of their third studio album, scheduled for release in May of 2006. "I feel like we have captured the energy of our live show on record for the first time", says Mercer. "I was unsure that we could get the feeling of hearing the band live across in a studio setting, but i think we have done it with this album. I am looking forward to getting back on the road and sharing it with our fans."

JSB begin an extensive Canada / US tour in May to support the release of their new album slated for release on Sept. 19th. The Jimmy Swift Band are currently booked as one of the headliners at the World Electronic Music Festival (WEMF) and Evolve Festival.

For updated tour information, check out www.thejimmyswiftband.com.

quick links:

www.nufunk.ca

www.myspace.com/nufunk

www.myspace.com/tjsb - Listen to Tracks off JSB's new album

www.wemf.com

www.evolvefestival.com

for more information please contact: info@nufunk.ca

I heard through a magical grapevine that they might be here (ottawa) the 20th. Can someone make this a little more concrete cause I can't find it anywhere but the person who told me is a friend of craigs and there's no reason she'd lie.

Did you find out Brad? I heard this same thing a few weeks ago from someone who's quite intimate with the band so I'm pretty sure it's true.

I haven't heard anything, so I'll ask the Mavericks people tonight. They usually have their weekly reggae night on Thursdays, which makes me think it's possible, as they'd be more likely to swap JSB in for a weekly thing than cancel a one-time appearance by another band. The thing is, I don't see the gig listed on either the band's main page, or their MySpace page.

I'm hoping this gig happens, because it'll be part of my week off: Toronto for Trey/Mike/Duo early in the week (I'm getting there Sunday night, and leaving Wednesday morning), JSB Thursday, Souljazz Orchestra Friday, then Slowcoaster/Tom Fun Orchestra/Carmen Townsend on Saturday. :)

Aloha,

Brad

Well, not that many: I've heard from both the band and the venue that JSB is not playing in Ottawa on Thursday, July 20. Apparently there was talk of setting up a gig, but it didn't all come together properly; the jambase listing is supposed to be deleted soon.

Aloha,

Brad

• 2 weeks later...