Jambands.ca

SARS = Fun?

goldengrooves

quote:

A teenager was stabbed to death by an Angel because he brandished a gun while the Stones were on stage.

what? this isn't going to be Altamont?

I hear some guy got stabbed at a Chuck Berry show 30 years ago too, better not sell any beer when he comes around again

[Confused]

I thought they were trying to get Americans to come to town

this isn't the pope

I've actually been planning on popping out to see the show... no blankets, no umbrellas, no alcohol though? Molson is mentioned in the article, hopefully I'm misunderstanding that you can't even buy beer there

sort of thing that still makes the Europeans shake their heads at our lack of freedom (that and when they pay $30 for a meal and then get told they have to go outside to smoke)

Well, at least

quote:

There will even be a separate gate designated for people who take special medication.

by which I assume they mean diabetics, or others who need injectables (e.g., those who with deadly allergies who carry epi-pens).

Aloha,

Brad

quote:

Alberta Premier Ralph Klein has even been asked to carve up some cow for crowds at the concert.

He's been invited by Toronto MP Dennis Mills.

Why? To prove it's not mad beef. If I were going, it'd be my mission to booze it up with Raplhy. I would love to get him drunk and make a scandal so Alberta will just shut-up (no offence to Albertans on this hub) already. But I'm not going, cause I'll be at Phish in New Jersey (just decided, kind of excited).

ALbertans are whiny motherfuckers who say no to clean air. I'll grant them that Chretiens gov't didn't exactly inspire confidence with their lack of a cohesive plan to reduce greehouse gasses, but the province seems to go out of its way to avoid any responsibilty to the environment. I don't think any province is much better, but c'mon, fighting against clean air is pure selfishness (and very short-sided for that matter).

BTW- is that you Jamie...I don't get the c-towns thing. If it is you, why you givin' me shit, you ain't Albertan.

Sure is me, and I'm not Albertan, I'm from Chatham, I just live here in Calgary. As for the environment, I work in the industry and Alberta is won, if not the most environmentally friendly province in Canada. I believe Calgary has won awards for being the most environmentally friendly city in Canada. I'm just sick of this interprovincial gangbanging, I've heard it all, being from Ontario and living in Alberta. I'm not just referring to what you said, its more or less just a general comment, I mean come on, we're all Canadian, why do we have to bash each provinces individuality. Anyways, the rager made me rage, kudos.

Should I know you from somewhere, and if so where? The name by which you speak through is not familiar.

peaceinjam.jamesd.

No, I have a friend whose name is Jamie Daivs, but he lives here in Toronto.

With regards to this "provincial gangbang", I never said anything about the other provinces. You asked me about my feelings towards Alberta, is all. If I were to start going off about the environment for real, Quebec would get my wrath first. I lived there six years and they do not recycle shit. Quebec produces more waste per capita than anywhere in North America (therefore the world). Only 10% of the materials taken to be recycled ever get recycled, the rest are put into landfills. They use more power than anyone as well, and because of language debates and the sovereignty issue, environmentalism is only slowly becoming a political issue now. So, "fuck Quebec too", I guess is what I'm saying.

Sorry to make you rage.

I don't understand how the plan on getting 500K into a park in such little time with all the checks they're doing. I mean most of the big-ass festivals we attend'll open their doors on a wednesday night or thursday morning and we still sit in our cars on the burning asphalt for 7 hours. This one they plan on opening the gates at 8 am and I'm sure a few people'll head on in that early, but I figure 350K will try to herd themselves into the park after 4PM. That's just fugged right up. I'm not much of one for logistics, but is this even possible????

yes, its possible... i have pre-detemined that this event is gonna be what you make it... i am personally challenged to get in and out of toronto that day... still havent figure out how, but if anyone has a helicopter they want to lend, let me know.

can you bring pies for ralph klein? i'd like to hit him in the face with a mad-shepherds-pie...

I'm not being negative about this event, I certainly hope there are people that are psyched about it, I'm just being realistic - it will be a nightmare. The entertainment looks top notch, however, i'm just not a person that likes being crammed in to a venue with half a million+ people.

Its no big deal that yu can't bring coolers, etc.. to the event - 1/2 million people!! - and in terms of blankets, where are you expected to put those down - 1/2 million people!!

my advise is travel light, get there REAL early, and be prepared for a 5 hour wait , gettin' in and gettin' out.

have a great time to all those who are planning to go [Razz]

Hey - 3 gates, 500000 people --> thats only a lineup of 166,666 people per gate. 'm sure you'll have a rippin' time!!! interesting combo of numbers he...666!! [Eek!]

Archived