Jambands.ca

What Kind Of Justice Do You Want Done To This Punk?

Jaimoe

What I wonder is why it's not mentioned anywhere that this is not a rare occurence. This sort of thing happens all the time, especially when it takes the entire fireworks show waiting in line for a porta potty.

People get drunk, drive and kill other people. They get drunk and beat others, rape women, etc. Peeing on a statue just doesn't seem that important to me. Sorry if anyone finds that offensive, I don't mean it that way but dedicating even one cop to guard a statue means one less cop out there to potentially stop a violent crime against an actual living person. I just can't see the justification.

I don't think it's right to piss on the memorial, it's quite disrespectful, but there are much bigger issues (such as a train being built which costs $1 billion while there are homeless in the streets) that should be dealt with before inanimate objects.

I'm sure it's not the first time that it's been peed on. It's Granite...right? People piss on granite. It's just the first time a veteren caught it with a digital camera.

Can't the PM just say "Sorry. My bad. I guess we should have alotted some of that 15 billion (for military) to a camera, lighting and a guard."

What I wonder is why it's not mentioned anywhere that this is not a rare occurence. This sort of thing happens all the time, especially when it takes the entire fireworks show waiting in line for a porta potty.

People get drunk, drive and kill other people. They get drunk and beat others, rape women, etc. Peeing on a statue just doesn't seem that important to me. Sorry if anyone finds that offensive, I don't mean it that way but dedicating even one cop to guard a statue means one less cop out there to potentially stop a violent crime against an actual living person. I just can't see the justification.

I don't think it's right to piss on the memorial, it's quite disrespectful, but there are much bigger issues (such as a train being built which costs $1 billion while there are homeless in the streets) that should be dealt with before inanimate objects.

my problem isn't entirely with the whole pissing on the statue, but more with what type of person actually takes a leak on a war memorial. the complete lack of respect for people who gave their lives for others blows me the fuck away.. drunk or not. considering the war memorial honours fallen Canadians, i think the least the Canadian government could do is honour it's fallen Canadians and not let drunk assholes piss all over it (them). that to me, for the respect factor alone, is well, well worth it. people need to know that that kind of behaviour isn't cool and won't be tolerated.

Edited by Guest

Its just a coupla drunken stupid kids man...I can't believe how up in arms folks are getting over this...good for ratings I suppose but its just piss and while I don't think he oughta had done that I believe it has thunderstormed 6 times since then...I think canadians can rest easy-the piss is long gone and yes teenagers are still teenagers.

oh man I can only imagine what I'm in for in the future!haha the genetics are ripe!

I was laughing my ass off when I saw the pic as a cover story....ohmygawd this kids in shit and what a pose!!!hahaha...imagine his parents, grandparents, teachers...have fun living that one down kid.

no offense taken.

I too am a Poppy wearin', not forgettin', beeyotch too...no doubts.

I still think its just a coupla drunkin' stupid teenagers being a coupla stupid drunkin teenagers.

Certainly the city has more important news to cover....haha like Little Italy musta been a riot last night!...or I suppose perhaps the hungry...or mabey even our government leading us down the isle to become Canerica :o

Edited by Guest

I think they should have one of those red guards with tbe big hats as well as video cameras, just not a cop as the guard.

Reading that article, there's one thing I don't really like:

Fines should be substantial

Yup, that's a good idea except that the perpetrators are almost surely always going to be teens who don't actually have money to pay the fines anyway...

and penalties should include imprisonment, McGuinty said.

That I'm not too fond of. Jail time costs taxpayers money that should go somewhere else.

I think there should be fines but the punishment should include community service. Make those that destroy do some work that will benefit the community, not cost it tonnes in jail fees.

I think there should be fines but the punishment should include community service. Make those that destroy do some work that will benefit the community, not cost it tonnes in jail fees.

I think you're spot on there.

Speaking of which, [color:purple]note how this identification was the consequence of people acting under those noblest of instincts.

Reward prompts callers to ID man desecrating war memorial.

I'm with mattm and howler on this one. It's a deplorable act of disrespect. But too many knives have come out and it's inconsistent, especially from our elected reps.

Fine the kids and let them get on with their lives. They just showed piss-poor judgment while intoxicated, with all their stupid teenage hormomes transforming away.

Who here was a thoughtful, sensitive genius when all tanked up in the Summer at the age of 17 (or whatever)? Not me.

Apparently, my secretary's dentist took the picture. He's been fielding calls from radio stations and newspapers all week, and his patients are starting to wonder if they should reschedule.

I just put two and two together and I'm pretty sure the guy who took the photos is my ex-dentist, Dr. Pilon!! I see him quite often at local music events and he's always carrying around a massive camera bag. I'll piss on his lawnchair if I see him at Bluefest. :P

Actually, he's a pretty reasonable guy so I'd love to talk to him about this topic.

The Blog that Bouche posted is no longer online, but I suspect that the "pisser" did not intentionally pee on that particular statue. (Maybe he did, in which case what I'm saying is wrong.)

He may not have meant disrespect to veterans at all. He may have simply been looking for somewhere to pee, because he really had to, and he aimed at the nearest statue. It probably could just as easily have been a building. He was just drunk, and peeing on 'something'.

My point is that you have to assess the intention of the "pisser". If he was too drunk to have any clue what he was urinating on, then it is simply a case of a person urinating in public, and his urine happened to land somewhere extra-offensive. It is quite a leap to presume he is anti-veteran.

Okay, now everyone who disagrees, I welcome you to post and jump all over me for that...

I agree 100%. how many kids have participated or even had their parents participate in a large scale war? Probably not many. How many kids actually care or listen when you talk to them about the wars and sacrifices? Probably not many.

My roomate arbitrarily puts things on my little drums and treats my guitars badly because to her they aren't meaningful in any way but to me it's almost sacrilidge. Can I be really pissed at her? Yes, but only if she understands why I'm pissed and what she's doing. If I put a cup on her law book, she'd be pissed but to me it's just a book, who cares...

In other words, a rock that one knows nothing about and that is not guarded is simply a rock unless one is informed as to it's meaning.

Edited by Guest