Jambands.ca

eat'n in toronto?

c-towns

If you like Thai Food, both of these places are excellent.

Salad King - On Gould Street just East of Yonge (one block north of Dundas) Cheap Thai food that tastes really good. 8 dollars will fill you and they have a good spice scale from 1-20. I suggest no higher than 3 for the first time. Suggested dish would be the Golden Curry Chicken or Shrimp. DELICIOUS!!! I might go today.

Bangkok Paradise - Its almost double the price but its worth it. The best Thai food in town. I think its located around queen and Bathurst. On queen street.

HoSu Bistro - Japanese and Koren food. across the street from Much Music. Has some really good dishes for under 10 dollars. My favorite is called Chicken Bo Bim Bop or something like that. Its a Bar B Q chicken with rice, egg, noodles, veggies and other good stuff, all inside a big stone bowl that keeps it warm while you eat. They also have sushi which I hear is good but I don't like sushi.

If your looking for something fancy to bring a lady to, I would suggest the Flamenco Tapas Bar. On Danforth Avenue by Broadview. If your not familiar with Tapas it is a must try. The concept is that you and your significant other order a number of different dishes and share them. 6 - 8 different dishes is a suggested dinner size. It is all unbelievable Spanish Food. Also during your meal you have a spanish guitar player and a beautiful Flamenco dancer performing for you. Its not cheap though. Your looking at about $130 for a cheap wine and about 7 dishes.

Another place thats not cheap but worth it if you've never done it is the CN tower restaurant. The food is decent. And it is a cool view. with wine your looking at about $130 for 2 but if you've never been up the CN tower before this is the way to do it. Atleast you get a good meal out of the deal instead of $45 just to go up a long elevator ride.

Hope this helps. One of the best things about Toronto is all the awesome food.

shwarmas... sarah's or Ghazale both on bloor..Sarahs is close to spadina stn (slightly west, south side) Ghazale is west of Bathurst stn (north side, next to bloor cinema)

Pho: Pho 88 on spadina, just south of College

Burritos: Burrito boyz, John st, south of Adalaide AWESOME!@!! There's another place in Kensington Market that is as good if not better, but I can't remember the name...I beleive it's Augusta, one block south of college

Dim Sum: Rol San - Spadina @ st. Andrew (east side of the street)..... taaaaasty

Burgers: The Yellow Griffin (bloor west village @ runnymede) They have over 40 different burgers there!! awesome...

Pizza: Amato (locations on yonge north of Gerrard, and queen and bathurst) Papa Ceo (spadina @ Harbord)

hope that helps...

Salad King - On Gould Street just East of Yonge

Jesus titty fucking christ!

This place is AMAZING!!!

the golden tofu/chicken curry is next to godliness...although watch how hot you order it...I like things hot, but couldn't eat past 4 chili's on the sliding scale (it goes to 20!!!)

The burrito place is Kensington is dreamy. So is Amato Pizza.

I would make your way to Roncesvalles and find the scariest and most threatening roti shop and get a Kingfish or Goat and potato roti. So spicy and so good, be prepared to have rastas laugh at your whiteness but know that it's totally worth it.

The local Ginger chain serves excellent and cheap Vietnamese food - their chicken noodle soup is the best soup I've ever had. They are located at Yonge & Haden (next to the Brass Rail south of Bloor), College and Gerrard and Davey Boy's favourite local at Church & Wellesley.

Edited by Guest

California Sandwiches. I think there are a few locations around the city but the best is definitely the one on Claremont... you can get a map to take you there on the website... www.californiasandwiches.com

These are amazingly huge kaiser rolls with several breaded slabs of meat (veal, chicken or steak), toppings of your choice and a marinara sauce (sweet or spicy) that is to die for! *drool* I may have to go get myself one for supper now...

If your lookin for some great sushi at a great price Echo Sushi (on Yonge street I believe, do a google search for it) is fantastic. For roughly 17 dollars you can get ALL YOU CAN EAT. Not only is it all you can eat, but the menu to chose off of is fantastic. It has lots and lots and lots of choices, it is prepared really fast and tastes great. Definately do yourselves a favour and try it out!

Ring a Ding Ding!!!

Lick's has to be the WORST place to go if you are suffering from a hangover!

My fav pizza is Classico Louie's Pizzeria (2549 Yonge Street)

My fav. place for a great lunch and amazing vegetarian dishes is Grapefruit Moon (968 Bathurst - between Bloor and Dupont)

I think you'll need to look at this link: http://www.toronto.com/restaurants

There's way to may good restaurants in town and every type of food can be found in abundance here.

However, around Citytv/MuchMusic there are a couple of excellent Indian restaurants. I can't remember the names, but you can't miss them. They are just east of Much - go to the one that looks the least fancy.

shwarmas... sarah's or Ghazale both on bloor..Sarahs is close to spadina stn (slightly west, south side) Ghazale is west of Bathurst stn (north side, next to bloor cinema)

Ghazale I hate to say SUCKS now. I went there the night of Tony Levin and for the first time ever I was let down big.

The whole place has been redone and seems to be under new management along with all new staff.

i like mel's montreal deli on bloor, between bathurst and spadina for breakfast....it's 24 hours...and you can get a burger topped with montreal smoked meat....yuck...but if you like meat, go for it! they also have smoked meat spring rolls that weren't too bad....many variations on smoked meat.