Jambands.ca

Why does no one dance....?

YearsAlongTheSea

people dance' date=' just gotta make them want to. hard to dance if the music doesn't make you want to dance....[/quote']

This plus inhibitions for me. I have to REALLY like a band in order to feel comfortable enough to lose it in front of other people.

oh yeah, totally the same for me. most of the time i resist dancing the best i can, the music has to leave me no option before i dance. sad but true. but, i know when i just start to move that i'm really enjoying the music. so that's a bonus.

ad

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

played with mark wilson and company at the Norfolk in Dover on sat. and we had half the bar up by the end of the night - and im pretty sure that nobody was on E.

energizing a crowd is like a critical mass thing, and not just with the crowd - the band has to reach 'giver' critical mass too. if both ends of the spectrum are pushing it enough, then that magic energy circle forms and bingo - its a party!

its kinda like sex, if one person is really horny but the other isnt then its not going to be awesome.. both sides have to want it.

its kinda like sex, if one person is really horny but the other isnt then its not going to be awesome.. both sides have to want it.

Well put. I'm just still in awe of the plethora of dancing opportunities that I've seen go to waste. Maybe people feel inhibited, but, I feel like a jackass dancing when everyone is just standing there. And, I agree that you don't have to dance to enjoy, it's just a perk if the chemistry is right. And by chemistry, I'm not talking about drugs.

you gotta dance like no one's watching

thats how i live my life

Please tell me you don't hulla-hoop. If you live your life hoola-hooping' date=' you may get involved in a lawsuit with an old woman who's hip you dislocated while passing her on the sidewalk. It wouldn't be the first time...

Damn Hoola-hoops.[/quote']

never quite learned how to hoola hoop...

you gotta dance like no one's watching

thats how i live my life

:) :)

me too. dance floors (etc.) are some of the funnest places to be.. ever. we get some of the craziest dance parties happening in the most unlikely of places.. like kitchens.. kitchens ROCK for dance parties.

I'll find there are certainly some kinds of music that don't move me in much of a physical sense; I have to say, the more jammy, the more inclined I am to find it's got a hold on me/vice versa.

Sometimes I think it does just take a couple of people going to seed a floor, and of course once that gets going there is certainly a different kind of alchemy. There are no doubt audiences that are a little apprehensive about that.

There is seldom a time where I venture out to a show and not end up shakin it on down. If a groove is there to be had, I am all over it. It can't be helped really. I generally have so much pent up energy, that by the time I actually make it out (even when tired), I am very much looking forward to letting loose.

No doubt, Fred Astaire would have nothing positive to say about my 'carefully articulated moves' but I really couldn't give two shits about that...

The best moments are when you can close your eyes and forget everyone else around you (whether they be pointing and laughing or diggin their own vibe)... and I certainly don't need any E to get me into that mode. However any encouragement towards good times should not be discouraged...

Dance on i say!! One is usually rewarded by increased intensity, devotion by the band as well. I think it is safe to say that most bands like to see their audiences having a good time

Tonin's energy and dedication to a good time speaks for itself.

As for you MarcO, you may be white, and you may like to spend your time sluggin down the icy pops, but you do sir often find the time to dance. I hearby am bearing official witness.

(Besides us Hammertown gals love it when you take the time to shake that luscious ass of yours...tssst hot!!)

for the most part, i have no problem making an ass of myself while dancing, the goofier the dance the better! but i still feel uncomfortable if i'm the only one dancing. usually i try to seek out the other dancers and dance near them. t

BTW, if any of you guys need some lessons, just talk to palace princess- she's a great dance teacher :)

"Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane." - H.P. Lovecraft (author)

not true!

i'm often in the mood to dance when im clear headed and full of energy (best time for sex too!)

like right after breakfast, or after a jog.

This may prove that you're sober, but how does it prove that you aren't insane?