Jambands.ca

I always knew that 'N Sync was gay..

Cully

It's gotta suck standing on stage surrounded by 20,000 screaming teenage grls and all you can think about is "I wish they brought their boyfriends too."

Anyway, good on him for coming out. It can't be easy - unfortunately, homophobia never seems to go out of fashion.

Good for him for coming out to the world. The fact that he felt he had to hide his sexuality in today's society really bothers me.

Why the hell would someone care if the musician (and in Lance's case, I use the term musician loosely) they are listening to is gay? (this question is rhetorical btw)

EDIT TO ADD: holy sh!t 1000 posts...I spend way too much time here.

Edited by Guest

well with a name like Lance...

sorry, I just had to say it!!!!

As Homer said in the episode with the gay man that owned the novelty shop,

'You guys stole all our tough names like Julian and Lance"

Edited by Guest

well, it's about time....

my girl-friend and her friend went clubbing with him in Miami in 2003. Lance's boyfriend was with them but whenever they entered or left the clubs, Lance insisted on being paired up with one of the girls in order to hide any signs of his homosexuality.

i have a pic from that night, but I don't know how to attach the pic to this post...

I met a guy in Korea and he idolized Queen, particularly Freddie Mercury.

When it came out that he was gay this guy burned all his records and has not heard any Queen since. I asked why and he looked at me incredously and said, "We don't have homosexuality in Korea."

Crazy world huh?

When it came out that he was gay this guy burned all his records and has not heard any Queen since. I asked why and he looked at me incredously and said, "We don't have homosexuality in Korea."

Crazy world huh?

HE WAS GAY?????????

Crazy world huh?

But.... but..... but Brian's over there!?!?

I am so confused. :o

Crazy world huh?

I've had students here tell me that homosexuality never existed in Korea until the evil influence of Western culture brought it here in the wake of the Korean War. Maybe it's easier for them to walk around with blinders on their eyes.

Homophobia is still really rampant here, particularly among men and Christians (no surprise, I guess).

Because there is "no homosexuality" here, lots of male social behaviour that would be considered homosexual in the West isn't considered so here. For instance, men caressing each other's upper thighs. Or going to the sauna naked (they're segregated by sex, of course).

The funny thing is that many Koreans feel that they are "more comfortable" with new associates after they have been to sauna together... which strikes me as odd. What, you mean you can feel *more* comfortable after seeing the guy's wang for a few hours? Because that's not gay at all, is it?

When I go to the sauna here (which isn't very often) I always wear a bathing suit - which makes them stare at me. Of course, if I *didn't* wear a bathing suit, I'm sure they would stare even more. They would be curious to see if "they Western mens has the more penis biggers" or not. Sauna should be relaxing, and it's pretty hard to relax when you've got a roomful of dudes checking out your more penis biggers for a few hours.

They would be curious to see if "they Western mens has the more penis biggers" or not. Sauna should be relaxing, and it's pretty hard to relax when you've got a roomful of dudes checking out your more penis biggers for a few hours.

more please! I'm thoroughly enjoying the reading of this thread. I LOVE words and phrases, as I've posted before. Dave & I spent a year in Japan, and I'm getting sentimental enough to pull out my collection of photographed "japlish" ads