Jambands.ca

**BNB in Hamilton - PJC Friday Sept 29th!!

ersh

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The beginning of 2nd set they started playing a little Makisupa Policeman tuning while the cops came around and confiscated all the beer bottles and then they proceeded to pick up playing Chevron at the same point they had left off.

Thanks for the added info and for the above memory jolt briguy ... I clearly remember the huge smiles and laughs that happened when they started back into Chevron ... a magical musical moment!

Wish I could be in Hamilton this Friday ...

Peace, Mark

full story: http://manvsclown.cracked.com/2005/01/sun_sticks_it_to_sticker_lady.php

If you've ever walked on the streets near the Eaton Centre, chances are you've run into Catherine Hebert. She's very friendly and very sweet, and her modus operandi is to flatter your good looks as she gives you a tiny sticker and then hits you up for a charitable donation. Only according to the Sun, that money isn't going to charity at all, but into her own pockets and then back down the QEW to her $330,000 home in Hamilton. Why believe the Sun over the Sticker Lady? Well, for starters, she says in their exposé that she's never deceived anyone into believing that she represents a charity, but in my personal experience, she does just that. She hit me up for five bucks when I first moved to Toronto about five years ago, telling me it was for a children's charity. She likes to get you for at least a fiver "for the kids," and she seemed disappointed when I gave her only a buck last fall when I was on my way to Massey Hall to catch Brian Wilson. This is why I think the Sun is at least being a little less mean this time than they were with the Shaky Lady, who only pretended to be unwell whereas the Sticker Lady fraudulently claims to represent a charity.

From The Hamilton Spectator:

The Hebert home on St. Clair Boulevard in central Hamilton is tax assessed at $316,000 according to a City of Hamilton website. Hebert's husband was once asked what his wife did, and said "this and that." Neighbour Gale Roossien says it's 'kind of funny somebody in this area would panhandle.â€

That's for you MarcO.

;)

ayyy, thats right, bobby hebert getting kicked out of the 'bobby hebert experience'....

nothing his wife has done can beat that....

oh, and bnb boys, i have this old recording of a show at the Casbah, i believe your first there once it opened....anyways, you guys played this huge dynamite>function

any change at breaking either of those out again....

my alltime bnb favorite has always been Function.

I have heard that there is indeed no opener, which leaves things wide open for two BIG sets... not sure about the cost...

See you on the dance floor!

And Jaydawg, thanks for ruining my day by planting the seeds of filthy visualizations (at least make them satisfying....) Yeeesh!

looking forward to this! serena's in town & her and i will be hitting up this show (post king-can drinkin' on the go-bus to the hammer!)

can't wait

see you all there,

Mary

:)

Yeah! I haven't seen you in quite awhile (Ratdog @ the docks?) I owe ya a few beers also I seem to recall.