Jambands.ca

The Slip - Eisenhower, Nov. 7th

guigsy

[float:left]FINAL_EISENHOWERCOVER_SMALL.jpg[/float]NEW ALBUM FINALLY HERE!

The day has arrived. The SLIP have signed to the acclaimed Bar/None Records (Architecture in Helsinki, Evan Dando, Yo La Tengo, They Might Be Giants) - and will be releasing their new studio album EISENHOWER into the world on Nov. 7th with the warm fuzzy pride of new parents. Co-Produced by The SLIP and Matthew Ellard (Elliot Smith, Billy Bragg & Wilco, Morphine) and with additional engineering by good friend and fellow Montre-alien Drew Malamud (Stars, Metric, The Dears), EISENHOWER easily stands as the most cohesive and evocative work The SLIP has released to date. Stay tuned for even more shocking and fantastic news.

Dont get me wrong zero. I am happy that the album is finally coming out but that's my only issue. Finally. My excitement slowly dwindled. If they had of caught me back when the original prognostications were being thrown around then things would have felt differently.

Its similar to Jaydawg starting a topic that says "Big announcement in a few days" but waiting weeks and weeks, which turn into months and months until we get the balloon that pops in our face.

Ok. You're right. Bad analogy. I'll be at the front of the line with my money in hand getting this album.

i can't believe st johns and halifax get gigs but no TO.....

Saint John is in New Brunswick.

St. John's is in Newfoundland.

how is it $25? I can't wait to find out how that pans out.

Its $25 because there are only 300 tickets being sold for this show in a small bar in New Brunswick. People will shell out $25 no problem. They have a pretty big fanbase here due to their many many visits to Evolve and their awesomeness.

The Halifax show by comparison is a multi band bill amid the Pop Explosion weekend. $25 for two full sets has to be worth it, if you would pay $8 for them to play for an hour or so at 2am.

I bought 10 tickets yesterday!

Sean