Jambands.ca

5-Disc Rotation (October/06)

MarcO

Yo La tengo - I'm not afraid of You and Will Beat Your ass

Built To Spill - Ancient Melodies of the Future

Hybrid - I Choose Noise

My Morning Jacket - Bonnaroo '04

Radiohead - 2003.07.05 Montreaux Jazz Fest.

Extra Disc - John Cale - Paris 1919

For a buck???

quality score!

Edited by Guest

Yes! I willed this to happen today in the car ride this morning.

The Stills - Without Feathers - YOU MUST TRY THIS ALBUM OUT!!! Great rock from Montreal. If you like the Spoons and good riff rock, dig it.

Beck - The Information - I'm a Beck so I know it takes awhile to grow on me but Strange Apparation (an Exile on Main Street style rambler) is an instant must have.

Phish Deer Creek Run - July 21-23/2003 - Hands down my favorite post hiatus run - Best (and only one of its kind) Scents and Subtle Sounds out there. My favorite Gumbo as well on the 22th.

Donavon Frankreiter - Move By Yourself - Groove it out!

The Radiators - Best of 68-74 - Re-Arrange cover by Built To Spill turned me on to these guys.

Continued honourable mentions for being stuck in rotation for 2 straight months go to Band of Horses and MMJ's Okonknos.

NEW - TOP PODCASTS

CBC Radio 3 - best new Canadian indie

Npr's All things Considered - best new American releases, great interviews and live performances

Umphrey's Podcast - monthly Umphrey's

Pod Of Funk - british guy, good picks

Best of CBC Ideas - deep

Death Cab for Cutie - Plans

I'll come out and say it...... I LOVE this album from start to finish.

Total guilty pleasure. I cannot get enough either. I tried the Postal Service (side project) but its not as good. Soul Meets Body is the perfect pop song.

S

ps. I love beer too!

oh god.. i've had that song on individual repeat for almost two days and i can't stop. maybe i should start drinking heavily.

John Prine - John Prine

Grateful Dead - Live at Fillmore East (Late Show) on 1970-05-15

MMW - Uninvisible

John Sebastion - Real Live

... loads and loads of random

I think I listen to music on random way too much. I don't take enough time to enjoy albums or shows on their own. It's easy though and I get hooked on the variety and suspense of what's coming next.

The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls in America (aka Born To Run v.2006)

The Decemberists - The Crane Wife (they've refined their sound for their major label debut, I don't love the cd, but I think it's going to be a massive success)

Akron/Family - Meek Warrior (not as crazy as their last release but still some wild moments)

Ben Kweller - Ben Kweller (Penny On The Train Tracks is the pop song of the year)

Trey - 18 Steps (listened to it this afternoon, can't see myself ever listening to it again)