Jambands.ca

Is X Rudd worth 29 bucks?

Chewie

Pay me $29 and buy me a beer and I may go.

No guarantees I don't throw my beer at him.

Dave' date=' I am quite curious as to why you aren't into him?[/quote']

I really just find him to be un-authentic at best and a complete farce at worst. I don't buy it at all. Its like good vibes from your good friends at coca-cola. The second part to my two-part hate-on is that I find a lot of his songs are the same song. So not only is it unoriginal, its unoriginal over and over again.

What can I say. I'm really not a hippy hating asshole.

You should start performing Afro poppa, because I know your hippiness is the real deal. You can't hate the real deal no matter what it is, you gotta appreciate it.

Fair enough, that seems like a pretty good reason not to like the music.

As far as me performing, I don't think anybody with hearing left wants to hear me play any sort of instrument, let alone sing ;)

Every song sounds the same.

You try playing 4 instruments at once and see if you can come up with a different drum or bass beat. Good luck. All the same.

He fits into that "I'd go because the girls go and the girls go because they think he's hot not because of the music. But if I play my cards right I might get laid." category.

To me, the difference is that Keller puts on a very entertaining and interesting show. Xavier puts on a mildly entertaining, adequate show.

Maybe the problem, though, is that I have not been to enough shows; unlike you who has. That must be it.

I think you misunderstood my post. I was asking for clarification because it seemed to me like you were saying "If you've seen one, you've seen 'em both." Obviously you weren't, and I know that now.

As for the remark about having seen them, I wasn't trying to boast about the number of shows I've been to. Last I checked, phat Keller or Xavier stats aren't grounds to act high and mighty (and I've seen them each less than five times anyway). I was simply trying to provide context for what I was saying and thus avoiding someone suggesting that I hadn't seen one or the other and that I therefore wasn't qualified to comment. Sorry you took it as me trying to put myself on a lame pedestal, as that definitely wasn't my intention.

Peace,

Hart

He's not worth $29, that's for sure. I've only seen him once. I've heard about three or four shows. It's the same thing over and over again. I don't think I'd even bother seeing him again, even at a festival. Too much in that Jack Johnson/Ben Harper vein for me...