Jambands.ca

Questions for the Slip?

zero

i've always been curious how much, if any, the gear theft from the summer of '04 changed or shaped their direction? i mean, its in that time period that their sound really started to develop from what it was to what it is, and songs that ended up on this album that they were playing then and before, really started to take on their identities.... i'd be curious to know if they got their hands on any new toys that they might not have otherwise (gear replacements, insurance $$'s, whatever...) that maybe inspired them in new ways or allowed them to do things they previously couldnt or wouldnt have.

What's the mentality like when constantly switching from large 'showcase' gigs at festivals, opening for MMJ etc to headlining gigs at small bars?

How has the move to Canada affected your life and music?

Ever been to Santropol in Montreal? What's your favourite sandwich? (correct answer is 'The Santropol')

Sorry to change the focus of this thread but did anyone see this setlist from the 20th?

1. Introduction

2. Still Shiver

3. Chasing Rabbits

4. Cut From the Cloth

5. Let There Be Horses

6. 74

7. Before You Were Born

8. More Than Words*

9. The Origional Blue Air->

10. Paper Birds

Encore

11. Get Me With Fuji

* w/ David Buzaglo (Boozy) of the Lovely Feathers on vocals.

Notes: Brad had food poisioning and set 2 turned into the encore.

In your years of speaking with the press, I'm sure you've had to endure a wide array of questions from the press.

What are your favourite things to have the pleasure of answering?

Where do you draw your answers to any petty and trite lines of questions from?

and

what are the most entertaining questions you've been faced with?

or

Where are your favourite places to tour for musical and social energies?

Are there any places you've played that didn't seem to welcome you as much as you'd appreciate?

I feel like I finally nailed down my interview with the Slip's publicist. I should be doing it Wednesday.

So serious questions you'd actually like to see answered by members of the band.

To Marc:

Your trio sounds like a 5-piece many times. Obviously it's due to the multiple instruments that are commanded by certain members from time-to-time.

What is your biggest secret that allows you to sound like 2 musicians at once? (looking for answers on him playing guitar in Airplane/Primative and using the bass pedal board)

I meant to comment on Bouche pointing out the recent setlist. I think it's heartening to see them playing 74 and Before You Were Born (Alabama Man and kitkat/lauzon's favourite songs respectively). If they don't play Fuji, Poor Boy and Wolof and instead play 74, Before You Were Born, Jumby, Hey Worrier, Dissever and the like I can deal.

Weirdness actually has me a bit anxious about these shows because legitimately I don't want to go and see a bunch of cookie cutter sets. Admittedly what I'm really afraid of is being helpless to do anything about it.

Weirdness actually has me a bit anxious about these shows because legitimately I don't want to go and see a bunch of cookie cutter sets.

then you'll be happy to know that the recent tour setlists have been anything but cookie cutter.... that said, im sure the week-long opening slot for MMJ will be mostly cookie cutter... as it should be.

but, i still wouldnt be putting my money on any jumby's, or hey worrier's.... they just dont fit these days.

start livin' in the now!! ;)

I know I know. But seriously Dissever fits. And so does Tonight We Leave Chicago. They really do. I think even you've said that. Or Driving Backwards With You. They owe it to the Canadian fans to bust out some stuff along those lines occasionally.

And guess who my point person for the interview is tomorrow? Marc Dimenti Friedman.

I know I know. But seriously Dissever fits. And so does Tonight We Leave Chicago. They really do. I think even you've said that. Or Driving Backwards With You. They owe it to the Canadian fans to bust out some stuff along those lines occasionally.

And guess who my point person for the interview is tomorrow? Marc Dimenti Friedman.

agreed - and yeah, i have mentioned both those tunes before... there's definitely tunes in the back catalogue that i think really fit in, and also some that i think simply dont, and just because they're old tunes doesnt mean i necessarily want to hear them... im not into hearing a song for the novelty of it.

do you think they owe us canadians anything more than say, californians, or kids in the midwest that maybe get a show every few years?