Jambands.ca

The CodeTalkers - Ottawa > Hamilton

briguy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right on - I'll be getting my tickets for this on my next trip to Hamilton!! And I love Bobby Lee Rodgers. I think on the first Codetalkers CD I heard (a demo that was attached to the cover of Hittin The Note I think) I fell in love with "Niagara Falls" and "Ferry Boat," both BLR tunes I think - I love his voice.

Thanks for bringing them back Brian!!

Right on … and during one of my favourite times of the year to see shows.

Thank you briguy!

(no matter where in the room I was and took a picture of him from, just as I'd hit the button, the colonel would unfailingly turn and smile directly into the camera... side stage, back of the bar, bottom of the stairs... freaky)
codetalkers3.jpg

I guess he missed you on this one. :P

Thought this was interesting.

From Shain Shapiro’s interview with Col. Bruce Hampton

…The Codetalkers are a feast for down–home aficionados, whether bluegrass, country, folk, blues or rock and roll is on the menu. “I have been doing folk songs since 1963, so we play folk and country, but to be honest, I am taking a backseat seat to Bobby,†Hampton says. “I have been marketed for about 40 years, and will probably make it huge in about 70 years, so The Codetalkers is Bobby’s vehicle to get his songs out. He has been the quarterback, and it is unbelievable that more people have not heard him yet. He is the only person that can play bebop, bluegrass and rock and roll, switch on a dime and be able to do it. In actuality, I am the place kicker in the band.â€

Tickets available now. They sure do make a great stocking stuffer.

Cheers

Add

www.NuFunk.ca Concerts presents...

The Codetalkers

w/ The Fat Cats

Saturday, Feb 17th

Toronto, Ontario

El Mocambo (downstairs)

$12 Adv. $15

Hey Jay ... just curious why you would post this here when there is already a Toronto CodeTalkers thread. No offence dude but it seems like you're always hijacking threads.