Kick It Down Promotions - Pepper Jack’s - Jambands.Ca

present…

THE CODETALKERS

TheCodeTalkers.Com

Pepper Jack’s

Friday February 16, 2007

38 King William St. Hamilton

PepperJackCafe.Com

$12 ADV, $15 DOS – Available December 15 through Pepper Jack’s, Dr. Disc, and Shady Grove.

Jambands.Ca – Barcode Records – Kick It Down Promotions

present…

THE CODETALKERS

TheCodeTalkers.Com

Mavericks

Thursday February 15, 2007

221 Rideau Street, First Floor, Ottawa

MavericksBar.Com

$10 ADV, $12 DOS – More ticket info TBA

Edited by Guest

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awww, no colonel is kinda a drag... that guy freaks me out, though he really didn't do a ton of participating at the last PJC show (no matter where in the room I was and took a picture of him from, just as I'd hit the button, the colonel would unfailingly turn and smile directly into the camera... side stage, back of the bar, bottom of the stairs... freaky)

thankfully the all star line-up last time got me to the show and intruduced me to the rest of the band, who really did most of the exceptional work... aside from Herring

still be a killer show

Col. won't be with them either...

Hope everyone likes Bobby Rodgers and the Falcon. (I do - but it won't be the band that played last time...)

Yeah the Col. had some health issues in the summer and will now only be playing select dates in the south.

It's Bobby Lee Rodgers band anyway. He writes the songs and handles the majority of the vocal duties. I'd expect the same type of show as last time minus Herring.

Bobby Lee is one slick cat.

Cheers

I love the Colonel. ARU was my favourite band back in the day after the DEAD. Much more then Phish was, but I gotta say he did not really play that active a role at the PJC show musically.

Staring at him and thinking "WOW, the Colonel is in Hamilton" was a true priveledge I must say.

However, there was also speculation that he fell asleep for some time on stage.

Promoter hype yes, but Bobby definitely makes that band and they definitely rocked our ass.

Edited by Guest

You can start with Widespread Panic, whose members first heard Herring when he was with ARU. "These guys really look up to Bruce," Herring says. "That's what makes it so easy to play with them. There are two kinds of musicians: Those who have played with Bruce and the ones who haven't. If you're playing with someone who hasn't played with Bruce, you can really make a fool of yourself if you go out there and start playing like that; they'll look at you like you're completely crazy."

This is absolutely fantastic news!! Nice job Bri! My introduction to this band was the last PJ show, which totally knocked my socks off. This past summer I saw them again at Bonnarroo (sans Jimmy) and they were still so damn good.

The ticket price is more than generous as well. I will be at this show come hell or high water!!

And to be able to see them again at the Pepperjacks? What a treat! Anyone who missed them the last time they were in HAMILTON of all places, better now pass them up this time!

We should definitely creat a separate codetalkers forum!! (just kidding...on all fronts)