Jambands.ca

Trey's day in Court

StoneMtn

No kidding!

Just ask William S. Burroughs. He spent his whole life on heroin, and then ... BAM ... just like that ... dead at the age of 83.

Burroughs was the exception to the rule. HE was one of the few Heroin addicts that knew how to dose himself safely and properly and most importantly he kept eating.

There are very few of his ilk.

Well, I think that's the point. My understanding is that heroin abusers can live a healthy, long life as long as they otherwise treat themselves okay.

For instance, I hear Janis Joplin used to practically live on chocolate cake in her heroin days. It was for reasons such as that, which caused her to deteriorate; rather than any direct result from heroin.

I believe there are currently innumerable white-collar heroin abusers that you would never be able to identify, because apart from using heroin they live pretty well. This is entirely different than many other drugs that actually harm you themselves; regardless of how healthy your lifestyle might otherwise be.

I am no expert on this, and certainly don't encourage anyone to get into heroin, but that is my understanding. (I read up on it after Burroughs died.)

True. However the one thing about heroin is if you get heroin that is too pure, you will die from an overdose.

So every time you shoot up, or snort it you could die, unless you know the purity for sure.

That's the one draw back............

LOL

Okay, good point; no argument here.

Video here:

http://168.215.70.72/media/070103_trey.wmv

Phish singer could face felony charges

070103_trey.jpg

Musician Trey Anastasio exits Whitehall Village Court on Jan. 3, 2007. (Photo: Dave Etzler / WNYT)

http://www.wnyt.com/x11487.xml?ag=x995&sb=x183

WHITEHALL, Jan. 3

By MARK MULHOLLAND Saratoga-North Country News Chief

View the video Click to view the video

Ernest "Trey" Anastasio, the lead singer of the rock-jam band Phish, was in court in Whitehall Wednesday for his arraignment on misdemeanor drug charges. The 42-year-old musician was smiling as he left court with his wife and children by his side.

But NewsChannel 13 has learned Anastasio had heroin in his car and it appears the district attorney is ready to up the charges against the former Phish front man to a felony.

Anastasio was arrested last month on Route 4 in Whitehall after a patrolman saw him swerve over the double yellow line.

According to court records, the arresting officer said “Anastasio was hyper and his hands were shaking very badly."

Anastasio told police he'd been smoking hashish and taking pills before his arrest.

According to court documents, "Anastasio admitted...he was in an argument with his wife earlier in the day...because he was taking the pills and he had a problem."

Police searched his car and found more than a half-ounce of prescription pain killers—that's enough for a felony charge—and some anxiety medicine.

In addition, there was one item that police couldn’t identify. NewsChannel 13 has learned from law enforcement sources that Anastasio also had a quantity of heroin in the car.

Washington County's district attorney wouldn't comment on the specifics of the case, but said he plans to present it to a grand jury.

Anastasio remains free on his own recognizance. After leaving Whitehall Court with his family, they hurried into a chauffeur-driven van and drove off.

The district attorney says it is likely Anastasio will be ordered to take part in a drug re-habilitation program to avoid going to jail.

Last Updated: Wed Jan 3 17:33:00 EST 2007

Oh man, there are so many disturbing thigs here.

1. Heroin. For fack sake Trey.

2. Taking your small children to court with you. Trey, shell out the 20 bucks for a babysitter. Kids that young don't need to learn their father is a drug addict and they shouldn't even know the word heroin. For shame using them for sympathy.

3. A chauffeur-driven van?

2. Taking your small children to court with you. Trey, shell out the 20 bucks for a babysitter. Kids that young don't need to learn their father is a drug addict and they shouldn't even know the word heroin. For shame using them for sympathy.

Sharon, that's maybe a bit cynical. Perhaps they were given a choice and chose to support their father, just because they love him. Maybe not, but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt on that one. It wasn't even his officially scheduled date for appearance in Whitehall anyway.

think lying to kids is the worst thing you can do to em, particularly if one of their folks happens to be famous... they're going to hear it from someone soon anyways

suck finding out you're being lied to by the people you should trust the most... tough to judge it from worlds away... figure Trey and the family deserve to make that call however it feels best

hope its all goes smoothly as possible for em and all turns out well, Trey's not all bad

er, um, plannin to go on "hiatus" with the needle ms. hux? =)

doubt most of us will find ourselves stuck in Trey's pimpin shoes (with similiar problems)

anyone who's seen a recent interview with Trey hasn't been saying "my god, what a mess that man is."... he seems pretty much fine, if overly smiley... he's apperently been up to some radical "recreationalisms" but in my experience the main trouble that comes up with a heroin habit is people getting out of hand trying to afford it... I doubt Trey's had to mortgage the house(s)

to be honest, I get more worried hearing about a "half ounce bag of painkillers", if they're Oxycotin... presciptions are rarely an improvement over the fairly organic original drug thats being emulated

likely needs a vacation from the spotlight in hawaii or somewhere pretty with some good books, a massuese and some choice non-caffinated buddhist teas

think he was just holdin it for Fishman anyways

(note: not saying heroin is fine by any means... saying Trey can afford the best of detox, and he probably hasn't had to resort to selling himself on street corners... and his kids likely know dad's a little "different" and won't get any more scarred from supporting him in court than they already are growing up as children of one of the guys out of the second most popular psychedelic band in history)

(and... think ms. hux would make a great mom if she wanted to be one)