Jambands.ca

Phil/ABB/Trey rumour!

Kanada Kev

from philzone.com:

http://philzone.com/rumours/index.html

Update: 1.27.2007

2007 - Will We Get Our Phil?

Sorry, we don't have anything solid to report right now except that we have heard reliable rumors that Phil will do *something* this year and *not* maintain an overextended hiatus after his successful fight against prostate cancer. He'll be at Slims on 2.9 but what else? Rumors are starting to circulate about a possible P&F tour with the Allman Brothers Band. Another rumor has it that Phil is planning a summer tour with Bob Weir and Trey that will cross the country twice consisting of a total of sixty shows (supposedly a third will be on the East coast). Rumors continue to say that John Molo will be on drums and on the keys - Steve Winwood! Allegedly there will be a revolving door of opening bands. If rumors are true, they will be playing primarily stadiums where the parking lots will open very early every day and fans wil be allowed to camp overnight. Hang tight - we'll get our Phil!

Gotta love the annual batch of summer tour rumours. Personally, I'd be surprised to see any of those artists on a stadium tour, for a variety of reasons (not the least of which is that I don't really see Phil and Friends as being able to fill Giants Stadium). It would, however, be great to see Phil and Bobby make the rounds of summer sheds this year.

We shall see.

I'ld rather see Justin with you MarcO.

Next time JT comes around, you and I will go and scream like little girls and hug each other when he plays "Cry Me A River", ok? Then, after the show, I'll do you in the arse right there in the middle of the parking lot as little girls cry and try to look away.

The funniest part about that rumour is:

they will be playing primarily stadiums where the parking lots will open very early every day and fans wil be allowed to camp overnight

Next time JT comes around, you and I will go and scream like little girls and hug each other when he plays "Cry Me A River", ok? Then, after the show, I'll do you in the arse right there in the middle of the parking lot as little girls cry and try to look away.

I am so in.

I really have reached a point in my life where I'd rather go see Justin Timberlake. I'm not kidding.

Then why don't you head over to the JT message board then?

because I have been a member of this board for over six years now and I'm not about to be told what to do by you just because you don't like what you read on a public message board. That's why. Trey sucks.

I'ld rather see Justin with you MarcO.

The funniest part about that rumour is:

they will be playing primarily stadiums where the parking lots will open very early every day and fans wil be allowed to camp overnight

I wouldn't call that the dumbest party - Phil is a big believer in the scene - he has to be starting to think that his number will be called soon. I could see him wanting to try and get it right, one last time. And honestly, that lineup sounds like it could be pretty close to right (if Trey is on top of things).

I managed to hit Alpine Valley three times in one month 5 or so years back. One night was Trey. Lot was hell - Alpine style. People getting popped for drinking etc. The next week it was Phil. (may have been Phil first). Anyways, for Phil it was a free for all good time. Why? Because Phil spread the money around to make it a free for all. ie. they just bust people in those places to create revenue for the pigs. Phil paid it up front = no hassles. Point I'm trying to make it phil likes to keep it in the family.

Oh and with Trey in the line up I wouldn't count a Toronto stop...

Oh and with Trey in the line up I wouldn't count a Toronto stop...

I would. Border issues with the recent arrest perhaps? These stadiums would NOT get filled and neither would they allow heads to camp over-night in their parking lots, let alone 60 shows???????

Look at the size of venues that Trey, Phil and the ABB have been playing the past couple of years and crunch some numbers. If it does happen, that promoter is losing his/her shirt.

Phil does like to keep it in the family, I will never disagree with that but this is one of the biggest pipe dreams I have come across in years. The only way this would work out is if Phish decides to embark on this tour as well. Call me a pessismist, I really dont care but MoMack PLEASE get back to me if this comes to fruition because I will gladly eat my words and send you a 'care' package for being so boldly wrong.