Jambands.ca

Unstable Person

kung

Username Post: intellectual property in your forum (Topic#5521)

bouche

Beta Tester

bouche

Loc: Gatineau, QC

Reg: 03-08-05

03-15-07 01:27 PM - Post#43974

If you have a user that's been posting for many years, do they OWN the intellectual property of their posts? I'm not talking even about submissions as reviews, but just regular posts.

It seems ridiculous, but there is an unstable person on my forum that is claiming IP and wants me to delete everything he's ever posted...likely in protest after deleting previous harassing posts to other members.

I have no intention of deleting thousands of posts, but I wonder if there is any basis for that claim.

Jambands.ca

Come waste your time with us.

Username Post: intellectual property in your forum (Topic#5521)

bouche

Beta Tester

bouche

Loc: Gatineau, QC

Reg: 03-08-05

03-15-07 01:27 PM - Post#43974

If you have a user that's been posting for many years, do they OWN the intellectual property of their posts? I'm not talking even about submissions as reviews, but just regular posts.

It seems ridiculous, but there is an unstable person on my forum that is claiming IP and wants me to delete everything he's ever posted...likely in protest after deleting previous harassing posts to other members.

I have no intention of deleting thousands of posts, but I wonder if there is any basis for that claim.

Jambands.ca

Come waste your time with us.

who gives you the permission to delete anyones post

i tell you once don,t start any shit here

thanks

minister of weenie town

I run a forum that gets very out of hand at times. To run a successful online community it *must* be moderated. Otherwise things will eventually get out of hand, and you'll loose all your members. There are always going to be people pissed off by moderation in online communities (I'm one of them), just as there are always going to be people that need moderating. Two necessary evils I guess...

I hope folks can understand how hard of a job it is to moderate an online community, especially when the moderators value free speech. It's a much harder job than a lot of people will ever know. in fact at times it's quite painful and thankless...

Please respect moderators decisions to do what they need to do, for the sake of the community. You don't have to agree, but you should respect the effort put forth to maintain peace and balance in an online community that you love...

If you don't get it, start a popular online community and learn for yourself...

i dont quite understand this topic, but hopefully it involved kicking kung / luke / zero. or who ever that big freeking leach on socity is off this board finally.

and in the case some stupid idiot did try and bring legal acton on the boeard for being removed, I would be glad to make a contribution to the boards defence fund