• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

viz viz

WTF hamilton?

Playing favorites?

Ape bastard.

Apparently, I'm not allowed to be a prescripivist.

Language is free! No rules for anyone! Giggle the lobster funny smoke running running washer car typing flibble-flabble-flooble, up the desk beneath the bank! No which I meen?

How can one distinguish between self-censorship and self-editing?

and

Simultaneous.

"Simultaneous"? What does that mean in this context? Did you mean that self-censorship and self-editing are equivalent? The only way I'd accept that they're equivalent is if you accept that it's entirely appropriate for a writer to edit (and thus "censor", in your opinion) his or her own work. If I write a post, look at it, decide it's not "right" (incorrect wording, borderline relevance, an unfunny or esoteric joke, etc.), and either change the wording or throw it away entirely, that's my decision as a writer. If you decry that as bad because it's "self-censorship" and censorship is intolerable in a free society, then where do you draw the line? That equivalence would make the writing process itself censorship, because every writer, as he or she does the writing itself, chooses which words to put it and which words to leave out.

Don't get me wrong: there is censorship (or attempts at censorship) in our society, and self-censorship (or a writer deciding to avoid writing something because he or she believes it'll be censored by others) exists, but there's a big difference between that and appropriate editorial control.

Aloha,

Brad

In Canada for instance self-censorship in the media is synonymous with centralized media ownership and self-preservation by editors i.e. a TorStar outlet or BellGlobeMedia outlet is not going to criticize something owned by the same banner company meaning the first responsibility is to the shareholders not the public. Editors do not risk good stories or challenging stories because they know it will displease the money managers and hence jeopardize their role. That is NOT hip hop.

Popo thanks for asking. I'm a Ghost in the Machine.

In Canada for instance self-censorship in the media is synonymous with centralized media ownership and self-preservation by editors i.e. a TorStar outlet or BellGlobeMedia outlet is not going to criticize something owned by the same banner company meaning the first responsibility is to the shareholders not the public. Editors do not risk good stories or challenging stories because they know it will displease the money managers and hence jeopardize their role. That is NOT hip hop.

Throw your hands in the air!!

That's very true. However, are you trying to say that in Hip Hop community all the artists have carte blanche when it comes to what they say, do, write, perform? Give me a break. If most aren't quelled by their labels, they will be through an act of violence justified through revenge for "disrespecting" one another.

Well I'll give you a clearcut example - MuchOnDemand ran a completely ignorant promotion where they had young emaciated girls in bikinis faux fucking a mechanical bull in the after school Much On Demand hours.

I had interest from a variety of editors as I posted the concerns of a former Much fan and a big brother, mental health speaker and concerned citizen and they were censored from the MOD message boards within minutes on 3 occasions the day after (I have a log of the times).

An editor at the Globe was very interested and then the story went away and has never been told or addressed. Bell Globe Media. Bell Telephone/Internet, Globe and Mail, Much Media....

For the record I have a photographic memory and maintain literally over likely at least 500 simultaneous relationships and recall absurd details about peoples spelling of full names and their life details.

Alexia is very attractive and has a good head on her shoulders and is obviously imminently forgettable. She is also off my myspace friends list.

You all have no clue. Hip Hop means industry.

The difference between a Bitch and a Bee is clearly Honey. This site is full of bitches, worker drones and few if any soldiers definitely no Queen Bee. The same is true of Stillepost.ca®.

I am about to make an announcement for my political candidacy in the city of Guelph and will not waste my intellectual property or breath on this, basically, nice well meaning people but really boring and faded community.

There hasn't even been a decent Canadian 'jamband' since nero and basically MDMA is not a band.

I thought this dude was going away and getting married...did his photographic memory slip on this particular detail of his life?

I do look forward to Luke's threads though...they make me laugh because of there absurdity...well that combined with the lies, manipulation, deceit, 'omnipotent knowledge', failure to recognize others emotions and such.

I also wonder if he understands that one of the highest forms of intelligence is called empathy, not self pity, empathy?

Either way, keep it coming, you make yourself look like an ass and every circus needs a clown!

Oh, and I vote you for Queen Bee too. buzz, buzz.

Edited by Guest

For someone that manages 500 relationships similtaneously this one is working out very poorly.

Focus is the key. Perhaps whitlling it down to 200 or hell - 25 strong relationships would be a great start.

Goodbye forever again then?

I sure know that I wouldn't vote for this guy unless there was some proof he wouldn't melt into an oozing pool of self loathing and madness.

Neurodiversity is not something that can easily be debated in a public political forum when it comes down to taxpayers paying this crazy fucker's salary.