Jambands.ca

Hip Hop: The New Rome

kung

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough. Lets leave this shit at the door. The community deserves better.

quoteworthy...

220201131_3a5ea7d76c_o.jpg

I did that to my last neighbour. He tried blaming me for the dog shit on the lawn without a leg to stand on, literally. So as a reminder, I did exactly as the picture shows, so we knew who's shit was who's :grin: :grin:

If people have ideas about the place of Hip Hop culture in the world today I'd like to hear them.

Is that right? Everytime some has had something to say, you started flinging insults around, all of which were completely uncalled for. When Allison starts to really challenge you, what do you do, bring up a drug reference??? Come on!! You don't want discussion, you want to rant.

I thought the deletion of the wedding thread was an absolutley disgusting thing to do. If you really wanted this community to talk, than how can you delete an entire conversation? And you call yourself a writer. I know very little of the ancient Greek writings you so much like to brag about reading. If I'm not mistaken, was not Plato, Aristotle etc., teaching and discussing ideas in an open air theatre? How would any of those ideas get erased? Converstion moves in many directions and can change at any time. Just because the direction changes to something you don't like does NOT give you the right to just delete it. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Fair enough. Lets leave this shit at the door. The community deserves better.

It was you who brought up that meaningless second in time. Aside from you trying to make yourself look like something your not while trying to make me look like the asshole I have no idea why you felt that needed brought up.

But now, after I counter your bullshit with the truth you want it left at the door. Face it, your just a punk when not behind the keyboard, I know it and you know it. Keep on pointing fingers man and one day they get broken. [color:purple][/satire]

Everything I know about Hip Hop I learned from watching Freedom Writers on the plane. It's kind of like a latter-day Dangerous Minds only with Hilary Swank and worse dialog.

My feeling on Hip Hop is that since most of us are white and generally affluent our opions are generally divergent with the creators and practisers of Hip Hop as an art form. That doesn't mean I can't listen to it or have an opinion on it but for me it means I largely have no idea ABOUT Hip Hop that I feel is worthwhile to share.

Not much light has been shed on the producers of Hip Hop vs. the writers and artists themselves, even given people like DMX or Busta or any of the producer/artists. Also why are there more "out front" collaborations in Hip Hop than in other styles of music? I'm thinking of videos titled as "DMX feat. Afrika Bambataa, Ziggy Marley, Pope Jhn Paul, Lil' Bow Wow, Jay-Z" and so on. Are rappers hiding their inadequacies or spreading the blame across other related artists?

Kanye is right...Hip Hop is truly black music and I can appreciate efforts to keep it black music.

Sorry mistype ALEXIA. (I still respect you though).

I should totally apologize to Allison here and in person I am now apologizing here for what it's worth.

Many many threads have been deleted for trivial and meaningless things. I have shared very personal things about my life here, and as much as you all claim it's total bullshit and some of you say get the fuck out of here you're all drawn to me like shit on flies- there's an easy way to end that. Don't be a dung beetle. Roll your own shit across the desert.

In the case of that thread you all really got to a very hurtful place, maybe a place I had taken you and deserved to go, but I had the right to ask for it to be removed. I don't regret that decision. It may have in fact been the ONLY thing in my entire life I've censored. Think about that for a second. How much do you self-censor and does self-censorship on a grand scale ultimately amount to CENSORSHIP.

I sincerely apologize. I will make a concerted effort not to insult anyone in this community or this community ever again. Please realize that for years its been a fuÇking gangbang on me and while I love a battle royale this sh!t is played out.

Luke thats just a version of the "you can't hate me as much as I hate me so please be guilted into not calling me on my shit".

I appreciate the gesture-but that's really all it is.An apology is valid when its enacted by not causing the same shit/pain/anger/whatever again.

An apology only works in the instant if the person you are apologizing to feels your words have merit and sincerity.

I get the feeling-Alabama Man expressly said it-that you have lost that merit to your words with alot of people around here.You have to regain some points with individuals-not the community.Maybe you can, maybe you can't.

Personally-I accept the apology and all, but that one little comment doesn't really bother me.This is a message board-this is a conversation about HIP HOP as ROME for christ's sake.I'm sure if you and I want to exchange insults it will get alot bloodier than that.Irregardless, when you are not spewing insults,I for one listen to what you say,try to understand it,am sometimes intigued by it, and in the end value what I choose to.

The endless talk about community makes me nauseous.

This is the way I see it;

We all have lives,some busier than others, some fuller than others, we are all who we are,and we do what we do.We all meet here for a "smoke" break.

Close the door on the front office of our lives for a few minutes, kick back, relax , a little respite.Breathe.Hey, look there are other people having a smoke too.

So you talk to some of them,some of them are cool, some of them are idiots, you start to know some names,some details about their lives,etc.

Butt out, go back inside, your "life" resumes.

Some days you are gasping for that smoke, other's

you don't need it.

Some of the people you meet you like so much you look forward to having a smoke break just to hang out with them.Others, you try to purposely not be on the same break schedule with.

Some of the smokers you like so much you start having them over for barbecues.

Sometimes another smoker really needs a smoke.Sometimes you give them one.Sometimes you lie and say its your last pack.

Every once in a while you all do something together,chip in money for someone's new lungs,go for a group outing and realize all most of you have in common is smoking.

Everybody smokes different cigarettes.Who cares

We're all just smoking music here.

Oh yeah-chance are good you owe Alexis an apology too-aswell as Alexia.

So what are we talking about now anyway-hip hop, the hippie mafia or censorship?

Also why are there more "out front" collaborations in Hip Hop than in other styles of music?

That's interesting.I never really thought about it.

Except that my life is a smoke break. THIS IS MY WORK. This is time suckage for the rest of you.

Continuing with any dialogue would presume that anyone had anything to add to the topic at hand, with the meandering quality of jambands.ca threads specifically that seems improbable- hence futile.

Everything I know about Hip Hop I learned from watching Freedom Writers on the plane. It's kind of like a latter-day Dangerous Minds only with Hilary Swank and worse dialog.

My feeling on Hip Hop is that since most of us are white and generally affluent our opions are generally divergent with the creators and practisers of Hip Hop as an art form. That doesn't mean I can't listen to it or have an opinion on it but for me it means I largely have no idea ABOUT Hip Hop that I feel is worthwhile to share.

Not much light has been shed on the producers of Hip Hop vs. the writers and artists themselves, even given people like DMX or Busta or any of the producer/artists. Also why are there more "out front" collaborations in Hip Hop than in other styles of music? I'm thinking of videos titled as "DMX feat. Afrika Bambataa, Ziggy Marley, Pope Jhn Paul, Lil' Bow Wow, Jay-Z" and so on. Are rappers hiding their inadequacies or spreading the blame across other related artists?

Kanye is right...Hip Hop is truly black music and I can appreciate efforts to keep it black music.

In terms of producers I think it's widely established now that J Dilla is A GOD. He died, as my friend Livestock says not of Lupus but of artistic perfection.