Jambands.ca

Paris Hilton is going to jail!!!

Guest Low Roller

make her guards sign a waiver saying they won't take her picture doing anything period, with severe repercussions... should be standard corrections procedure anyways, shouldn't it? am sure no one wants their pic taken when they're down and out in the can (particularly on the can, in the can :) )

no guard should be raking in 10 million for sneaking a jail pic of Paris

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bouche no it was the multiple winkys but anyway

i'm not interested in the argument that 'she knows exactly what she's doing to get media coverage' cuz i don't consider that actual 'intelligence'.

Paris is in the business of dumb. She markets herself to be a ditz, and it works...

mkay

You're taking a hugely biased media image (in a world where pop culture has gone mad) of this girl and letting it serve as truth. Is that really fair?

lol...see above.

i don't see how any of this makes her intelligent though. i guess my definition of intelligent is different.

do you really believe she wrote that album?! wow.

Edited by Guest

well... supposedly Pee Wee Herman and Marilyn Manson are both very down to earth, likeable, normal people if you get to sit down with em

didn't really pick that up in the Cheech and Chong movies ("Hamburger. Sea Shells.") or on Much

if you don't have Paris on speed dial I'd say its pretty tough to tell one way or the other (though she does seem sort of forgetful when it comes to the underwear)

the radio just told me that Hollywood analysts believe that Paris' decision not to appeal the courts decision will be a favourable move in the eyes of the court of public opinion (ho hum... still don't understand why this is daily news)

Hmmmmm ... wonder why she got out last week? Yup, family MONEY and re-election contributions. And who said justice was blind??? :P

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21884884-1702,00.html

PARIS Hilton's billionaire grandfather donated money to the election campaign of the sheriff who released the 26-year-old American hotel heiress from jail, it has been revealed.

i'm not interested in the argument that 'she knows exactly what she's doing to get media coverage' cuz i don't consider that actual 'intelligence'.

Why not? I'm not saying every move Paris makes is for the camera, but I am saying that the camera looks and edits Paris to convey a certain marketable image of her to a society who wants it. And a society who is willing to pay big money for it. Paris is a business woman whose looking to make money. It isn't in her best interest to change mid-stream and suddenly present herself as a straight-laced, do-gooder, intelligent business woman. The moment she does that, the moment her salary drops drastically. We criticize media for their biased opinions and one-sided truths and then forget that when it comes to Hollywood? Responsible journalism whaaaaaaaaaaa?

But then I'm the one whose chided for believing credits with her name on it.

But really, whatever. Never in a trillion years did I think i'd spend my days debating the IQ of Paris Hilton! :)

Paris vows to smarten up

jun 11, 2007 10:18 AM

Associated Press

LOS ANGELES – Paris Hilton says she will no longer "act dumb."

The reality TV star and relentless publicity-seeker spoke with Barbara Walters by phone Sunday, a day after releasing a statement saying she hoped the media would focus on "more important things" than her 45-day jail sentence, according to ABC News' website.

"I used to act dumb. ... That act is no longer cute," ABC quoted Hilton as saying.

After spending three days in jail in a reckless driving case, Hilton was briefly released to home confinement Thursday for an undisclosed medical condition. An outraged judge sent her back to jail Friday. She is now housed in the medical ward of a maximum-security detention center.

According to ABC News, the call came after Hilton's mother, Kathy, phoned Walters. During the conversation, the 26-year-old socialite called her mom on another line, found out her mother was talking to Walters, and then called Walters collect. All jail inmates are required to call collect.

Hilton has been saying that she is changed by her jailhouse experience, and she repeated that theme with Walters: "Now, I would like to make a difference. ... God has given me this new chance."

[color:purple]She'll be landing all the top Hollywood scripts now right? She's been doing the BEST acting job of anyone around these past few years. What a MASTERMIND! I can't wait to see her now that she's going to be shedding her long-running guise.

Finally, we'll be able to use "genius" "smart" "intelligent" and others in sentences with Paris Hilton and not be chastised by the rest of the world (who are obviously blind)

123133_20070608014453.jpg

Edited by Guest
purple text, just in case anyone thought i was serious :P

Rejoice! Paris vows to not act dumb anymore!

Paris Hilton says she used to act dumb

It's going to be funny as hell watching Paris Hilton try to act smart. I think she actually believes she's not an idiot. In every interview she'll probably try to talk about the Middle East, but when she's asked to expand on it she'll panic and end up calling everybody racist names. Then she'll put on some fake glasses and a lab coat and try to work in words like 'molecule.' They won't even be sentences. They'll ask her a question and she'll just say "Molecule" and then nod her head in satisfaction.
Edited by Guest