Jambands.ca

Today in Phish History - Toronto '00

Basher

07/06/00 Molson Amphitheatre, Toronto, ON

Set I: Reba, Dogs Stole Things, Taste, Dog Faced Boy, Heavy Things, The Moma Dance, First Tube, I Didn't Know, The Inlaw Josie Wales, Prince Caspian> Golgi Apparatus, You Enjoy Myself

Set II: Limb By Limb, Also Sprach Zarathustra, Bug, Piper, Driver, Harry Hood, Loving Cup

Encore: Squirming Coil

2000-07-06mo.jpg

I have a completely hedonistic friend of a friend who was lucky enough to attend a swank "gangbang" in New York City. He is a trustfund kid who grew up fantastically wealthy. Loves, loves, loves to party. Hard. Always has; always will. And why not? Doesn’t really have a care in the world. Hangs out with artists, musicians and actors. Keeps an apartment in Manhattan as well as a few other locations.

Apparently, that’ll get you on some magical list for some crazy shiat in NYC.

Unfortunately, though, sometimes what’s worth a vicious wank in theory does not necessarily equate to a great time in practice.

So he’s at this fancy swingers party, a complete novice -- really, the heterosexual orgy crowd can’t be that big, now can it? -- sitting a little nervously in a chair, naked as a jaybird. (Drop the underoos at the door, thems the rules). Meanwhile, Caligula is being acted out all around him.

Eventually, this couple move into his vicinity. The guy, described as a six-foot-five-Thor-God, is feverishly working over some model on all fours from behind. Noticing that my friend is glancing in their direction, in the spirit of the party, Thor booms, "Blow him!" -- while pointing at our naked, apprehensive hero.

(That was always the funniest part of the story for me, the way he repeated the phrase "Blow him!" So short and authoritative. No room for interpretation. No "hello", no "so my name is Gunter", no "so what do you do"... just "Blow him!" Thor done laid down the law. In baritone. With a finger point to clear up any possibility of ambiguity).

Not wanting to upset the God Of Thunder (but more likely just happy about the events) the model complies. And my friend just loses himself in it. With all the visual stimulation going on around him, and this gorgeous face worshiping in his lap, however, he doesn’t last long. Without any warning or moaning indication, he releases in the model’s mouth.

And utterly tramples all over the first, sacred rule of the gangbang. Apparently, when not wearing a condom, groupsex etiquette demands that you warn frequently prior to the money shot, so that your playmate has the opportunity to do whatever s/he feels comfortable with regarding the load.

Needless to say, our hero pisses off the model, and the ensuing tongue lashing (of a quite different sort) grabs the attention of the whole party -- which is not that easy to do under the circumstances. Lo, my friend’s tragic pleas of ignorance did not save him from their naked fury. He had to madly bumble around the party grabbing his clothes while yelling "I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I didn’t know!", before running out the door.

Moral of the story: it’s best to know the ground rules.

Probably the greatest Moma Dance ever!

it was my favourite for sure.

edit. although i was right fucked for that show. ah, the scrambled memories. i dropped a glass of wine on my feet and laughed for about 15 minutes straight while people stared. it was hilarious. i couldn't even move to pick things up. statue-esque.

Edited by Guest

from what I remember:

Moma Dance was off the hook!

Caspian jam SMOKED!

the YEM set 1 closer (2nd consecutive time in Toronto) was fun-kay!

set 2 was a blur (i recall them tweaking out a composed section of Hood acapela style).

post show: chow-down in chinatown rocked

got arrested for the first time just before that phat reba opener. was first row for the entire first set, awesome show.

i thnik the momma dance from the toronto 99 was a better one, but thats nitpicking a killer killllller show apart.

cheersh

MAN! was that reba ever good, my first reba.

we got our tickets to this from a cellphone at cometogetherfest durham. ended up getting floors too. being at the front for first tube was facking awesome, i could feel the concrete shake while everybody was jumping. and i just found new copies while searching for cds for the cottage(weeks holidays starting tomorrow WOOOO!!!!!!!

gonna crank this show at some point of next week im sure.

anyone else at that 99 show remember the whats the use? holy faaaack was that ever good too