Jambands.ca

Rollercoasters!

Kanada Kev

Cedar Point has the best roller coasters in the world, hands down.

Top Thrill Dragster is crazy. 420 feet straight up and then straight down.

All The Details

Manufacturing

Investment $25 million

Manufacturer Intamin AG of Wollerau, Switzerland

Physical Dimensions

Angle of Descent 90 degrees

Lift Height 420 feet

Track Length 2,800 feet

Vertical Drop 400 feet

Angle of Twist on Descent 270 degrees

Angle of Lift Hill 90 degrees

Design

Capacity Approximately 1,500 riders per hour

Features Hydraulic launch system Magnetic braking system Tiered seating on the coasters cars for better viewing (similar to stadium seating) 270-degree spiral on descent

Model Launched out-and-back coaster

Speed Approximately 120 mph

Structure Steel tubular track

Color Scheme Red and white alternating colored track on launch

Vehicles

Coaches Six 18-passenger trains Five cars on each train; three four-passenger and two two-passenger cars

Number of Trains 6

Train Colors Black cherry; Indy green; fluorescent purple; cobalt blue; sunshine yellow; and sunset red

Vehicle Design Fiberglass and steel coaches with individual lap bars, interlocking seat belts and padded head restraint systems. May not accommodate Guests of Exceptional Size.

Ridership

2006 994,531

2005 953,945

2004 943,313

2003 562,438

Edited by Guest

we bought a family season's pass to Montreal's LaRonde this year (it's now a Six Flags park and membership gives reciprocal entry to ALL Six Flags parks throughout the season...a pretty good deal, imo)

Anyway, now that Six Flags has moved in, the old waterpark that I remembered has been dismantled BUT they've installed a gagillion HUGE roller coasters (okay, maybe only about 8) But they are wicked scary...especially the biggest one, called Goliath. I've lost my taste for coasters over the years, though, and riding them once, just to prove to my kids I'm only 88% chicken, is all I can manage.

Mike, you should make an informed choice as per Wonderland vs La Ronde, so I think you need to know that at La Ronde (and all Six Flags, I believe) you can buy biere-en-fut (as well as Sangria) and drink openly ANYWHERE in the park....I guess American values are good for something at least!

SOLD!

Basher and I went to Wonderland a couple of years ago on the last Saturday it was open for the season and we had a blast...despite my fear of heights and speed and basically everything that makes Wonderland fun.

There's one ride there I loved so much I just kept getting off and getting back in line to go again. It was like a really great drug with the only side effect being an overwhelming sense of euphoria.