Jambands.ca

Across the Universe= don't bother.

Hmph. I wasted a couple hours of my life watching Dream Girls on the advise of Oprah (and the frickin' Academy!). Fack that sucked.

That's too bad, the "Across the Universe" soundtrack had me intrigued. I heart anything Beatles. I was looking forward to it.

Did I just respond to a dimafleck post? I swore I'd never do that.

From the outset of the preview I was forced to watch at the last outing to the theater, it seemed very clear that this was just a movie dropping the Beatles to pull people in.

I was hoping I was wrong on that feeling. So far, Cirque de Soliel probably has the best Beatles production out there. I need to see that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bumping this post as now the movie is on dvd and I got a chance to see it.

I thought it was very well done, and the actors were remarkable and all had outstanding voices. I felt very drawn in the entire movie, there wasn't a boring moment in my opinion. I think a lot of hard work went into this movie and props to the writers and directors for making it a worthwhile watch.

I really liked this movie. It's got a great soundtrack (IMHO) I thought the vocals were fantastic. I will admit the plot was a bit thin but the music and the cinemetography were fantastic. I love the underwater scenes....so hot! It's the kind of movie I could watch repeatedly. It's the cinematic equivalent of Mr. Noodles, the world's best comfort food...it's a comfort flick. It's got good tunes, good sets and a little bit of lovey dovey shit with some humor on the side.