Jambands.ca

Anyone watch Letterman tonight?

Jaimoe

I don't watch Dave anymore, but nothing else was on during my break. Anyway, Paris Hilton was the first guest and Dave ambushed her. The old "asshole" Dave was back and I loved every second of it. I laughed hard through the whole segment. I'm surprised Paris didn't storm off the set. If you can catch/record the west coast feed, then do yourself a favour...

Yeah, we just got back in from the Great Lake Swimmers/Final Fantasy show at the River Run in Guelph last night(good times) and I happened to catch the Paris segment of the show. It was great to watch her sqirm and Dave was definitely loving every minute of it himself. The fact that she didn't seem to see it coming or know that that's what she was in for pretty much solidifies what a ditz she is. As if Dave wasn't going to hammer her about her jail stint. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes up on youtube, no doubt a classic Letterman moment.

Very true. And I'd feel sorry for them were it not for the rather more real suffering of, say, monks in Myanmar staring today down the gun-barrels of the troops ordered to crush them.

That example seems relevant, given that the Buddha himself gave up a life of privilege, having opted to take existence seriously (in spite of all the efforts of those around him to keep him safe, comfortable, and ignorant).

"I love you Paris!!"

"Love you too."

"Someone you met in prison?"

Great ad lib!

I actually think Paris did a pretty good job of keeping her composure. Sure she was protesting the line of questioning but she didn't come off like a bitch or anything. I think I have a little more respect for her after taking it on the chin like that.