Jambands.ca

Ween... some thoughts...

What about the Liberty Grand?

This show was so fun!!! I was able to bust right up to the front and ran into a couple of skanks on the mosh-pit perimeter. I decided to go for broke and was swept up in the wonderful sweaty madness and pretty much floated to the front row for the encore. I wiped out at one point, and was rescued by some cute boys. I don't even think they noticed that my right tit had popped out the side of my pink prom dress. It was just like my real prom all over again!!! I think I saw John crowd-surf by at one point and definitely ran into Kirk Elliot Warrington in front of the stage, for those of you who remember him from jumping overboard at the CJam boat cruise!

Thanks to everyone who came out to pre and post party as well... it finally wrapped up at about 1pm yesterday. The Kdub crew who slid out on Sunday owes me one... you fuggers were supposed to help me clean up!!! I'll be in town Thursday/Friday this week, so you'd better start thinking about how you can make this up to me ;)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparantly the Docks has a capacity of 3,230 for concerts. According to http://www.soundscapesmusic.com/local-live-venues/ Kool Haus has a capacity of 2,200. So, what's next for Ween?

Ricoh is 7,000, the ACC has a 5,000 capacity theatre setup.

I also dug around online, and found that "Presently, ECI is adding a 5,000 capacity venue to a major development in Toronto, Woodbine Live!".

http://www.cordish.com/sub.cfm?section=newdev&venueID=30

What about the Liberty Grand?

This show was so fun!!! I was able to bust right up to the front and ran into a couple of skanks on the mosh-pit perimeter. I decided to go for broke and was swept up in the wonderful sweaty madness and pretty much floated to the front row for the encore. I wiped out at one point, and was rescued by some cute boys. I don't even think they noticed that my right tit had popped out the side of my pink prom dress. It was just like my real prom all over again!!! I think I saw John crowd-surf by at one point and definitely ran into Kirk Elliot Warrington in front of the stage, for those of you who remember him from jumping overboard at the CJam boat cruise!

Thanks to everyone who came out to pre and post party as well... it finally wrapped up at about 1pm yesterday. The Kdub crew who slid out on Sunday owes me one... you fuggers were supposed to help me clean up!!! I'll be in town Thursday/Friday this week, so you'd better start thinking about how you can make this up to me ;)

I know, I know. I was up about 7am due to the snorefest between you and Stapes, Marge :P We discussed how disappointed in ourselves we were the whole way home, but once i was up and discovered maxwebster was already awake on the couch we made like a sandwich and got the fuck out of there.

We'll make it up to ya at the Diesel Dog show this weekend!

PS - Who spanked my ass? I spanked my ass!! Hey there what's that caught in your eye Joe? Looks like it got there long time ago!!!

the docks may have an official capacity of 3200, but that's chunked into several different spaces. at most, the main room (where the show is) can comfortably hold only 1200. the back room, which looks into the main room but only partially, might hold another 1000. the patio and other rooms would hold the other 1000.

what happened on friday night was that the majority of the 3000 people in attendance crammed into a room that could only hold half that many people. it was nuts and surely violated fire code. the main room is simply not intended to hold that many people. so, other than the back room which was very comfortably filled, the rest of the club was virtually empty from what I saw.

the trouble with Toronto is that there is no medium sized venue of 5000 to 6000. ricoh was an attempt to fill this void, but its just a small arena and only a small step up in comfort from the utterly horrible arrow hall (8000) out by the airport.

That was a lot of fun. Thanks to all those that put up with me - you are all very kind people.

I completed the most bizarre concert going weekend of my life Sunday when I took in the Wiggles at the Rogers centre with my Fiance and 3 yr old son. Ween on friday, Wiggles on Sunday. As Guigs has pointed out, with just the right amount of chemicals it could actually make sense.

Im still curious though, did the ninja route work out for ya Phishtaper?

the docks may have an official capacity of 3200, but that's chunked into several different spaces. at most, the main room (where the show is) can comfortably hold only 1200. the back room, which looks into the main room but only partially, might hold another 1000. the patio and other rooms would hold the other 1000.

what happened on friday night was that the majority of the 3000 people in attendance crammed into a room that could only hold half that many people. it was nuts and surely violated fire code. the main room is simply not intended to hold that many people. so, other than the back room which was very comfortably filled, the rest of the club was virtually empty from what I saw.

this and the layout's all wrong.. it's just too deep and the stage doesn't give a person in the back a shot in hell of actually catching a glimpse of the band.

Actually, I was quite impressed with the sound system. The bank of speakers they have halfway back is a big plus. You would think with the lofty Canadian dollar we will see more shows up here. I just think Ween has outgrown all the big "club" venues we have in Toronto.

The 5000 capacity venue at Woodbine, opening in 2010, will certainly fill a void, but the next time Ween comes to town, my guess is they will play the ACC theatre.

I just think Ween has outgrown all the big "club" venues we have in Toronto.

Funny, cuz I was talking to the American guys doing the Video thing and they were saying the Toronto show was huge cuz the other shows have been relativley tiny in comparison, as far as numbers go. I was kinda surprised, but they said that the band was counting on this show a lot to bring in some revenue.