Jambands.ca

Dear Work

mister slippery

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear work --

I've been sorta, kinda faking it through our morning stand-up meetings and then, generally, effing off until the next meeting where I sorta, kinda fake it through again.

While I haven't been explicitly dishonest about anything, I do have to admit that I am somewhere deep inside of me aware that you are under the impression that I have been more productive than I have been.

If you had seen the twists and turns that my life has taken over the last number of months, you would understand. But that would make this more of an audience-watching-a-soap-opera vs. colleagues-involved-in-a-mutual-endeavor sort of affair.

Not only will I suck it up, but I am presently engaged in the process of doing that sucking. I won't fail you, but I'll probably continue to fake my way through morning meetings and my coffee traveller mug will probably still actually be full of wine.

Guest Low Roller

Dear work,

I know it's Monday and my expected output that I get financially rewarded for is supposed to start now, however I look at you and am hit with a wave of simultaneous disinterest and disgust. It could be that the routine is getting to me, it could be that I have too many other things on my mind to worry about such trivial things like expense reports, or it could be the five hours of sleep I got last night. Regardless of the cause one thing is clear: do not want.

My mind has already checked out for today, but I have kindly left my body in place to at least give off the impression that some level of productivity will be achieved. It won't.

Have a good day.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Dear work,

It is Christmas Eve. I'm supposed to be paid today.

Where is my money?!!!!!!! You heartless monsters, you've hit a new stabndard of infamy this time. Really, no money at all, at Christmas???

You fat f**ks. I hope you get hit by a convoy of trucks. F**k you!

Love,

mister slippery

That's bullshit. sorry to hear that Dave. Kick soimebodies ass.

• 11 months later...

I can really relate to this thread this week. I really need a lot of these right now:

:chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug:

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller

Dear work,

I like you, but I don't like your clients. They are all pompous jerks who I need to placate every single day. You are a cool vibrant company that plays with some pretty neat toys. Your clients infuriate me and test my restraint on a daily basis. Wouldn't we be better off without clients? Hahaha. I know. No can do. Oh well. Have a great week-end.

• 3 weeks later...