Jambands.ca

Dear Work

mister slippery

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear large musicial instrument chain store,

Most of the time you're pretty sweet, but then there are those times that you let a bunch of young wankers crank up the amps and SweetChildOMine my face off for four hours or so. Then there are the DJs who roll into the PA department expecting to leave with our four biggest subwoofers for the night, with approximately $13 to spend. I know there's nothing you can really do about this, but man do those customers annoy me. Outside of that, though, you're a pretty sweet company to work for and I appreciate your kind regard for your employees; you're likely the best employers I've had, and for that I thank you.

Dear College Jazz Music Program,

I'm a feel player who recognizes the irreplaceable value of a well-written pop song, and you look down upon things like musical texture and atmosphere, and the accesibility of a simple melody, and you want me to think of music as math. I do appreciate the ear training classes, though, and the improvisation classes where we talk about things like why a certain groove works and why another doesn't. Lately, though, I feel like I've been going through the motions and we might want to start seeing other people. I'll keep this to myself, though, at least until this school year is over.

Dear musicians who employ me as a steel player, guitar player, bass player, or drummer:

I love you. Let's make more records and play more gigs.

Dear Work 1,

Thanks for being a cool place to go every day. I like my flexible schedule, the other people that work here and my stereo on wheels you give me to drive. Oh, and thanks for paying my car insurance and maintenance. Also, thanks for the feedback to let me know that I'm doing well considering the time of year, the dollar and that I'm new, it's appreciated.

Dear Work 2,

Thanks for being a fun place to go every night. I like that I work by myself, can listen to whatever music I like, wear what I want and tell unruly drunks who piss me off to go fuck themselves. I really like that you encourage that last behaviour. And thanks for upping the beer order so I don't run out of everything on Tuesdays, it's easier to keep people at the bar when you have the drink they want.

Dear Collective Work,

Thanks for aiding me in enacting my evil plan to take over the world of car sales. I figure I'll get people drunk, they will smash up their cars and come to me to buy new ones with the insurance money. ;)

Cheers!

-Lexi

I'm a taxpayer...does that mean FBN, Ollie, and bouche, got drunk on my dime?

It also means we're getting drunk on your dime two more times next week. We're also Christmas shopping, gift wrapping, knitting, eating breakfast, gambling and playing Guitar Hero on your dime. Suck it up!

Dear Work,

So why do I still hate you?

Like Booche said in a previous thread... it blows my mind what some people actually post on a public message board...

I dunno, I know I'm usually just goofing off and usually figure others are too. PS., this is an awesome thread idea that ought to be revived at least anually.

I'm a taxpayer...does that mean FBN' date=' Ollie, and bouche, got drunk on my dime?[/quote']

It also means we're getting drunk on your dime two more times next week. We're also Christmas shopping, gift wrapping, knitting, eating breakfast, gambling and playing Guitar Hero on your dime. Suck it up!

Dear Work,

So why do I still hate you?

I might add, before dinghy starts a tax revolt, that the wine and food at our Xmas parties are paid for by 50/50 draws, not the public purse.

Dear work,

Yes. If you send me to New Zealand for an extended period I will forgive you.

Make it happen.

-moooser

Dear Moosers Work

If you send her to New Zealand she WILL need a chaperon so I suggest you send me too. I can sheer some sheeps while I am there. Think it over and get back to me.

thanks

Dear Work,

Thank you for relieving me of the necessity of wearing pants for the greater part of most my days..until I have to go out of the house to meetings.Although there are other jobs that allow not wearing pants,some even considered arts oriented, most of them require being either limbre or getting sticky.

Thank you for allowing me to spend days doing nothing but watching Samurai jack, reading magazines, checking out new music, staring into space and posting on message boards followed by days where I stay up all night cramming in the work I should have been doing and generally being a bitch to those around me because I am VERY BUSY with VERY important things.

Thank you for allowing me to hide my anti-authoritanarianism and fuck you tendencies behind "entrepreneurial spirit" and "innovative leadership."

Thank you for allowing me to turn down contracts on whim or shear dislike for someone and then intellectualize the many righteous and honorable reasons I am not doing said contract.

Thanks for letting me be my own boss, even though office dramas are now only possible through schizophrenic puppet shows, work parties just feel silly when you are sitting by yourself in your living room with a paper party hat on, and illicit office romance is really, well....alot of time on my own hands.

Dear work,

thought i'd forgotten about you? Think again, pigf***er.

Thanks for giving me shifts Xmas eve, Boxing Day, NYE, and new years day. I sure do appreciate having no holiday time of my own, you heartless son of a bitch.

F**k You!

Sorry to hear that Dave, here's another one for ya

FACK YOU, Dave's Work!