Jambands.ca

Dear Work

mister slippery

Dear Students

I love teaching all of you about welding. Although I prefer the hands-on practical classes the best, this theory course is important for you all to have a good understanding of what to do when the shop classes begin.

Please understand that with 42 of you in my class, I CAN"T please all of you all of the time. I try my best to address you individually and help you achieve your goals/desires while in the program.

Recently I had emails from two of you who are on complete opposite ends of the spectrum.

One of you just wants to get in there and get dirty and start laying beads...understandable.

The other doesn't care about the grade at the end of the course or ever intends to work as a welder, and just wants me to stick with the program, no questions & answers, no relating to my own experiences, let's read the books and leave it at that...fair enough.

Just so you both understand the other 40 students fall somewhere in between.

I hope I have addressed your concerns professionally and courteously. Thank you both for your honesty. See you all tonight!

Oh, and dear work...thank you for paying me so well. It helps me deal with the stress of this job a little better.

Welding is hot, and I don't mean that as a bad pun. :)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Students

I love teaching all of you about welding. Although I prefer the hands-on practical classes the best' date=' this theory course is important for you all to have a good understanding of what to do when the shop classes begin.

Please understand that with 42 of you in my class, I CAN"T please all of you all of the time. I try my best to address you individually and help you achieve your goals/desires while in the program.

Recently I had emails from two of you who are on complete opposite ends of the spectrum.

One of you just wants to get in there and get dirty and start laying beads...understandable.

The other doesn't care about the grade at the end of the course or ever intends to work as a welder, and just wants me to stick with the program, no questions & answers, no relating to my own experiences, let's read the books and leave it at that...fair enough.

Just so you both understand the other 40 students fall somewhere in between.

I hope I have addressed your concerns professionally and courteously. Thank you both for your honesty. See you all tonight!

Oh, and dear work...thank you for paying me so well. It helps me deal with the stress of this job a little better.[/quote']

Welding is hot, and I don't mean that as a bad pun. :)

There you go Cowboy... i think ur in!!

• 10 months later...

Dear work,

wow, it's been a while. No, not since I've seen you, but since i spoke of you in type. It appears you have given up on Evil and replaced it with Stupid.

This time last year, I had 10 things to do, and the need to prioritize them myself. Now, I do one thing at a time, and you decide the priority for me. That rules. You cut my workload by 90% and leave me at the same rate of pay? Awesome. However, aren't you supposed to be attempting to run a fiscally-responsible business? I could so easily be replaced by someone at half my hourly wage, and you could promote (impossible) or fire (also, seemingly impossible) me. But no, let's maintain this year of mindlessly coasting along, it's way easier than paying attention.

Work, if I could, I'd give you a big hug. Of course, you'd probably just do something stupid, so never mind.

• 4 weeks later...
Dear work,

thought i'd forgotten about you? Think again, pigf***er.

Thanks for giving me shifts Xmas eve, Boxing Day, NYE, and new years day. I sure do appreciate having no holiday time of my own, you heartless son of a bitch.

F**k You!

here we go again.

Dear work,

Xmas Eve, Boxing Day, NYEve, but hey! What's that? Day off on NYDay?????

Oh right, every other year you broke the law and opened illegally, and this year you can't.

F**k You!!!!

Thats fucked DAve... I would never schedule my staff for both the eve and boxing day... raise a little hell man. You store is well staffed. Thats BS.

we are VERY poorly staffed this year' date=' cheap monsters.

Oh well, water, meet duck's back, then get off, quickly.

[/quote']

I hate saying it but thats a prime example of the direction the economy is headed. I hope you can find some positivity and still come out of the holiday season smiling and being well. Cheers to ya Dave.

Edited by Guest

Dear Work,

What can I say? I am blessed to be surrounded by talented colleagues who are also good friends...whenever I need time off I have never been refused...and when I took a last minute get-away and on the following pay cheque realized that you decided to make it a paid vacation I was blown away...

Many days on my way to & from work I see people who are unhappy, rude and disrespectful which makes me realize how lucky I am to work in an environment where I can honestly say that there is laughter, friendship and support in abundance...

My bosses are incredible and do everything they can to make sure work is coming in the door, especially during the rough times which my field has always experienced...

And to be able to work with the best toys in the industry??? There are days that I truly am moved by my good fortune and can only wish that others will experience the same...

Tonight is our Christmas bash and these last through the night...hells yah baby!!!

Boat Drinks For Everyone!!!

www.crunch-recording.com Heaven on Earth indeed!!!

Dear Work,

You know I love you, and I always have. You treat me with respect and surround me with like-minded individuals. You help me to spread my love of music to the masses and I can think of few other things I would rather do. And to my students, thanks for the little xmas presents that make up for the fact that work doesn't make enough money to give us holiday bonuses. Especially you Ethan, who, at the age of thirteen, sat patiently waiting for his lesson yesterday with a 26er of Crown Royal on his lap.

Waking up was understandably hard today Work, but thanks to you I don't actually have to be anywhere until 2pm.

Love always,

-velvet

Dear Work,

You've lied and cheated me. Misled me from the start. You continue to take advantage of me and make me pay for your mistakes and incompetence.

Well today I laid it on the line. Spelled it out and offered you a reasonable compromise. So now it's in your hands. It's at your discretion whether you take steps to correct your past wrongs and honour our contract.

Choose well, and I will work well until I have found another position some place with heart. Choose poorly, and I will work satisfactorily until I am in a position to get the hell out to any moderately suitable situation, leaving you scrambling as you continue to leave me.

Oh, and fuck you for all this bullshit anyway. I am not sure you even deserve this opportunity to redeem yourself: I probably should have left months ago.

Sincerely,

snarfmaster C

dear work,

you treat me pretty well. Just gave me a nice wine & cheese, as well as a great x-mas lunch tuesday, a great x-mas dinner wednesday and a super-sloppy drunk-fest on wednesday (where I got drunkest of all and nobody complained!).

I'm a bit let down that our official break days got moved from the 22nd to the 24th, but at least they run 'till the 5th, and I can take a few extra days of holiday on my own time!

please give me a raise now.

thanks

blane

Dear Work,

You've lied and cheated me. Misled me from the start. You continue to take advantage of me and make me pay for your mistakes and incompetence.

Well today I laid it on the line. Spelled it out and offered you a reasonable compromise. So now it's in your hands. It's at your discretion whether you take steps to correct your past wrongs and honour our contract.

Choose well, and I will work well until I have found another position some place with heart. Choose poorly, and I will work satisfactorily until I am in a position to get the hell out to any moderately suitable situation, leaving you scrambling as you continue to leave me.

Oh, and fuck you for all this bullshit anyway. I am not sure you even deserve this opportunity to redeem yourself: I probably should have left months ago.

Sincerely,

snarfmaster C

Sounds like you work for Loblaws.