Jambands.ca

FACK! We're theft victims!

Ms.Huxtable

Ah man. Sorry to hear about this. Geez. If only the doggie could talk. Urgh. I wish the cops would spend more time figuring out thefts like this. They always seem to be too busy with other things. I say that you guys should try to solve this one on your own. Two awesome brains like yours can do this!

Were there any footprints in the snow? Musta been.

When was the last time you used the hot tub? When could this have happened?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HAhaha, I know Myrna, as I laid in bed awake pretty much all night I kept picturing a body in our yard with a smoldering sweater or something. Can't say I would have felt too bad for the facker if he got shocked.

I think the guy was aware that we had a GFI which likely tripped when the bolt clippers sliced the power cable. Who would know that? An installer.

Don't expect the police to do anything.

One time my place got broken into and the guy stole a few hundred cd's. I found some of them at a used place within an hour of the break-in. The cd place had the dudes address but wouldn't give it to me. I waited at the store for an hour for the cops to show up. They said that they knew the guy and he lived near me (and thus near the cd store). They said they'd get on it as soon as they could.

Strangely, when they went to the person's house two weeks later they couldn't find any of my cd's and didn't charge the guy.

Getting robbed sucks, and I feel for you guys. I found the most disturbing part of getting robbed were the unreasonable, uncharacteristic, and unstoppable images of revenge that kept scrolling through my brain.

So I called Mermaid Pools who we purchased the tub from several years ago and who we also had replace the circuit board in November.

I told them that I have a crazy service call for them and explained the situation. I said "Have you ever had this type of service issue before? Have you ever even heard of such a thing?" and she said she heard of it happening only once before, several years ago.

I figured if she said it happened frequently that I would suggest she interrogate her service technicians, but because it doesn't happen to their knowledge how can I blame the service guy?

If it happened to other Mermaid spa customers, they'd report it to the spa service department and there is only one in all of the Outaouais.

Weird, weird, weird.

Oh and Thanks Velvet, that about sums up how I'm feeling.

Who would know that? An installer.

Or anyone with a little knowledge of electrical, like perhaps someone setting up a grow-op. Honestly, figuring that shit out doesn't take much in the know-how department.

[color:red][edit to add]

I sorta skimmed over this, was it the circuit breaker or hut tub controls?

Regardless, if they were going to go through that much trouble, I'm sure they had a set of testers with them to see if it was live.

Edited by Guest

If your "In Rainbows" gets stolen next, I'd suspect a jambands.ca user or lurker.

Who would steal that? Seriously, I can't beleive people even bought it.

BTW...

My hot-tub is working great...I had it installed just the other day...Guy I bought it off of craigslist said it had just fallen off the truck...

Didn't quite understand what that meant.