Jambands.ca

Bonnaroo line up...

ForbinHood

Am I the only one around who likes Jack Johnson?

(I dont think he should headline either BTW)

I did like Jack Johnson until I read that everyone here didn't like him then I changed my mind.

Really though, that dude can write good music, his arrangements are solid and simple, his voice is clear and sounds great and his lyrics have some substance.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really though, that dude can write good music, his arrangements are solid and simple, his voice is clear and sounds great and his lyrics have some substance.

My biggest beef with Jack is his arrangements are all the same. In fact, every song sounds exactly the same, even when he's doing a G. Love cover.

Really though' date=' that dude can write good music, his arrangements are solid and simple, his voice is clear and sounds great and his lyrics have some substance. [/quote']

My biggest beef with Jack is his arrangements are all the same. In fact, every song sounds exactly the same, even when he's doing a G. Love cover.

You just took the words RIGHT out of my mouth!

Really though' date=' that dude can write good music, his arrangements are solid and simple, his voice is clear and sounds great and his lyrics have some substance. [/quote']

You just took the words RIGHT out of my mouth!

Most of his tunes are the same, granted I can't listen to him all the time (as with most music). I just always chalked it up to his particular style of playing/singing.

That's the stuff I like that he does, but like I said, I can't listen to it all the time. I find it good to put me in a relaxed mood for a bit...but then I have to change it. My interest in music only lasts a few songs until I have to change it again, unless I'm listening to a new album, otherwise I get bored.

I was dragged to a Metallica show a few years back (the same way I was dragged to a Prince show) and it was absolutely awesome. I've since seen them twice and would not miss an opportunity to see them again. They are a fantastic band and put on a stellar show. Anyone who hasn't seen them and catches them at Bonnaroo are going to be blown away. There is no question they need to headline the main stage.

I think the lineup is great. It totally appeals to my diverse tastes. I won't be going this year though. We went to the first 4 years and feel like we've given it a proper run. There are many other festivals I'd like to try out now. Couple that with a 8-month old bundle of joy and Bonnaroo just isn't happening.

I hope people go because I look forward to hearing all about it! Enjoy!

JEBUS HELP US ALL, I AGREE WITH JAIMOE?!?!?!

I will see you all there for yet another bonnaroo.

I'm excited to see Solomon Burke, Sigor Ros, Rilo Kiley and M.I.A. for the first time. As well as Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, though I have seen them both multiple times not as a duo.

I'm also happy to see Pearl Jam, Metallica, the Allman Brothers Band, B.B. King, Willie Nelson, My Morning Jacket, the Raconteurs and Levon Helm again.

Peace,

Tim

Metallica is one of the tightest live bands out there, and they display a fair sense of humour in their live shows taboot.

I saw Metallica once - as a non-fan - and I have to agree that they put on a decidedly kick-ass show. If you're going to be there anyway, you should definitely make sure you catch their set.

I had fun seeing Metallica when I was a kid but you could almost see their egos growing on stage. One show I saw at Copps and one show at Maple Leaf Gardens in the early 90s the opening act was a mini documentary about themselves.

I still haven't watched the documentary where they have to go to counselling to stay together as a band.

Does living out on the East coast slow everything down for ya Baj?

This is from Pearl Jam's official website:

PEARL JAM TO PLAY BONNAROO!

Pearl Jam has officially confirmed they will perform at the 2008 Bonnaroo Music Festival. The 4-day music festival will be held on June 12-15th in Manchester, Tennessee.