Jambands.ca

Bonnaroo line up...

ForbinHood

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first off.

yes... there are some incredible acts on. some are stellar additions.

and yes... some elitists will point out some real gems like SWELL SEASON, MASTADON, TALIB, and so on and claim that those that think the line up is shit don't know much about ogod music.

and yes... the roots rockers will mention names like KRAUS, BELA, ALLMANS, LEVON, LITTLE FEAT...etc

but incredible acts and real gems come through toronto on a regular basis...

bonnaroo isn't just a line up... its an overal kind of GATHERING of acts that create a certain experience.

and this gathering ...highlighted by thhe 3 weakest headliner's ever... is complete BS. yes yes "headliners don't mean shit..."

headliners SET THE PACE...bring about an overall additude, overal message... an undertone for the whole festival.

MATALLICA??? are you fucking kidding me? is this really happening?

first bonnaroo i am out.

PETTY, DAVE MATTHEWS BAND, PHIL AND FRIENDS, RADIOHEAD. these worthy headliners.

and i hate jambands.

The website (http://www.bonnaroo.com) has a poster with the lineup that gives some indication as to who's headlining. They're listed in this order:

Pearl Jam

Metallica

Jack Johnson

Kanye West

Plant & Krauss feat. T-Bone Burnett

Phil Lesh & Friends

My Morning Jacket

Allman Brothers Band

Raconteurs

Willie Nelson

Death Cab for Cutie

B.B. King

Sigur Ros

Levon Helm & The Ramble On the Road

etc

There's a lot of good shit on there, and even more that I didn't type out. I'm not big on giant festivals, but if I was I'd probably head down.

Well I don't know about you guys but I think that line-up is kicking ass and I'd say that I might be making my first ever trip down to the 'Roo this year!!! Looks like logistically or at least time-wise it might work out for me personally to go, for the first time.

None of the big headliners are doing anything for me but all of the following have me very aroused:

ABB

Bluegrass Allstars

DSO

Broken Social Scene

Drive-By Truckers

Ben Folds

Gogol Bordello

***** LEVON HELM & THE RAMBLE ******

Israel Vibration

Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings

BB King

Phil Lesh & Friends

MMJ

Willie Nelson

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss

Sigur Ros

Swell Season

Yonder Mountain String Band

There's a 2nd tier of bands that don't hurt the lineup, and a third tier of bands I don't know, then a 4th of bands I don't want to see.

Also: Serena Ryder at Bonaroo??? Anyone else surprised by that one?

I think that's a kickass lineup so far, there will be additions too.

Pearl Jam, Metallica, MMJ, BB King, Broken Social Scene, MIA, Willie Nelson, Sigur Ros...

Whoever said Metallica wouldn't be a headliner... shake your head around a bit. They're one of the biggest bands on the planet.

Weird to see Serena Ryder there. I am not a fan of her music and can't see how she has the profile to get on this bill. More power to her, I guess.

I will definitely be going this year.

Weird to see Serena Ryder there. I am not a fan of her music and can't see how she has the profile to get on this bill. More power to her, I guess.

My thoughts exactly.

I will definitely be going this year.

My thoughts exactly too!

Man I haven't been to a big festival since... maybe Coventry, before that Big Cypress.

no, Metallica is far and away the biggest act on the bill. I'd say except for Dylan, Neil Young and James Brown they're the biggest act to play any Bonnaroo, period.

Maybe late night Phil on the second stage (What?) (a la Primus a few year ago) would be a good idea.