Jambands.ca

Aerosmith or AC/DC?

fluffhead77

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think an appropriate question for this thread would be: "What song makes you want to stick forks in your ears more - Shook Me All Night Long, or Dude looks like a lady"?

This is by far THE hardest question I've had to ponder in years. The last time I had to decide something of this importance was back in the day---and I chose fork instead of spoon.

Point against Aerosmith - I just looked for it on youtube but does anyone remember the Aerosmith parody song?

Cause I'm crazy,

Amazing,

Cryin for you baby

Both bands have interchangeable songs, especially late career Aerosmith. AC/DC's rock.

Point AC/DC

Plus AC/DC's only ballad is Ride On which is really just a great blues tune

Point AC/DC

AC/DC sounds the same on every track on every album. Aerosmith sucks huge but has a variety of different sounding material.

Are you really saying that tracks like Jailbreak, Thunderstruck, Hells Bells, Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution, and Back In Black (to name a random sampling) all sound the same?

Absurd.

I don't own a single AC/DC album, but I list their live show as probably the best rock/non-jammy show I've seen. Those guys really know how to rock your face off, and every single song they play is their biggest hit.

Fuck that. I saw Aerosmith years ago and they might as well have put on a cd and lipsunk the entire show. Those guys do not know how to rock your face off, in fact they totally sucked hairy balls. I'd chalk them up to milli vanilli status at best.

oops, I thought you said Aerosmith. Yeah, I can see AC/DC rockin' it out is concert. But my point stands about Aerosmith---ball suckers.

What a great question. It's hard to answer truly righteously as this is a great board to read/post on.

I think it's interesting that many of the answers would be best suited to a 'why do you like AC/DC or Aeorsmith better' rather than 'which band is better'

I do appreciate reading the answers that truly suit the question.

I think AC/DC is cooler and I think they have more integrity as they have a great sound and feel.

I think Aerosmith have more diverse songs and sounds.

I know nothing of how they work together and play off one another because I never really cared to get into their albums...

...but threads like this make me think.

And Schwa. - Thankyou for tilting my head to try to beat the shadow.

I can't wait for holographic computer monitors.

I think Aerosmith have more diverse songs and sounds.

Like that song, Crazy or Amazing or Cryin' or Amaza-Crazy, or Amaza-Crazy-Cryin'? They all fuckin' sounded alike! Like shit! Aerosmith are douche bags plain and simple. I wouldn't write home about AC/DC, but the band has a shitload more integrity than Aerosmith!