Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go 2008 - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure there's that much of a problem overall. Remember that Cito just returned halfway through the season and the bats started to swing, I think this is somewhat of a different team right now. One or two more bats would probably mean a huge difference in wins/losses, maybe Cito needs some time with guys like Rolen to get'em rollin'. Look at the D on guys like Rolen and MacDonald, there's no reason we can't stop runs.

• 2 weeks later...

They're close enough still... but it isn't gonna happen.

Big news...

8 AM Sportcentre report: Stairs designated for assignment (he's getting traded)... Apparently Scutaro and Barajas could move as well. There's also a rumor that there is interest from the West coast regarding MacDonald.

Say it ain't so. Finally they get some chemistry and they really want to write off the season?

Ahh, season's over. I agree with you on the chemistry thing though...seems like they finally have some type of cohesiveness developing.

The thing I dont get, is why trade Barajas? He's been fairly solid all year. Ricciardi, for some reason, likes to get a new catcher every year and i can't quite figure out why. Molina is probably an above average hitter as far as catchers go, but he didnt even seem to entertain the idea of re-signing him.

If they dont re-sign Barajas, they've got to ease a kid into development next year, and as far as I know, they dont have anyone in the system who stands out as a cant miss prospect. So then what, Zaun and some rookie share the duties?

Why did we ever get rid of Molina?!