Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go 2008 - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 games back of the sox, w/ 6 head to head... its possible!

stranger things have happened...

burnett's deal this year is classic sports - shit the bed until your contract year, then blow it up. does he have enough starts left to win 20? if he does, AND they squeeze into the playoffs, he's headed for a MONSTER payday this off-season.... hello yankees!

7 games back of the sox, w/ 6 head to head... its possible!

stranger things have happened...

burnett's deal this year is classic sports - shit the bed until your contract year, then blow it up. does he have enough starts left to win 20? if he does, AND they squeeze into the playoffs, he's headed for a MONSTER payday this off-season.... hello yankees!

Even if he doesnt win 20 and they dont make the playoffs, he's gonna get a monster payday. EFF AJ, he's been a total wuss up until now.

1987?

My facts might be wrong but the Jays had something like a 7 game lead on Detroit with 7 to play. All the had to do was win one.

Did they? Nope. It went to a one-game playoff and the Jays lost. Tony Fernandez also separated his elbow right at the start of the losing run. I was at the game the following day and did the crowd ever let the Tiger have it, he who took out Tony trying to break up a double play thus causing the injury. I seem to recall it being a dirty slide but its been 20 years!

I would love to see them make the playoffs.