Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go 2008 - Fan Forum

badams

Stairs wasn't hitting much better that Mac... Eckstein confuses me though... underproducing for sure but can you afford to loose him at that price and then have him come back to bite you later on in the season?

The D-backs are in the National league..there will be no back biting.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, eh? I wonder what their plans are for him next year? Where do you squeeze him in w/ Wells, Rios and Lind? Something tells me he'd benifit more from playing every day. Maybe they can turn him into a 1st basemen and trade Overbay to a National League team somewhere. Either that, or he'll sepnd next season in Triple A waiting for Rios or Wells to break a nail.

Kind of tough to look at the Johnson trade/FA(?) badly anymore... if he (and Stairs) was (were) in town, we wouldn't have room for Lind or Snider right now... and of Wells, Rios, and Johnson, who is the one you would castaway?

Hopefully for Reeds sake he has a great playoff run and gets a big spotlight put on him... he deserves it.

Looking out to be a pretty good team for next year... now what kind of injuries and poor chemistry free agents can we get to screw it up... ahhh Cito's there... nothing can go wrong!!! Even Johnny Mac is hitting!!!!

there hasn't been that much raw enthusiasm in the Skydome turf since i don't know when. put a big smile on my face for sure....hopefully Zaun gets traded to somewhere he'll get played in the off-season.

side note: we were at the most boring fuggin game on earth yesterday to watch Purcey get his 8 inning shutout. No bats at all. no worries though, thanks to Stoned Phillips for the sweet 2nd row hook up!!!!!

Kind of tough to look at the Johnson trade/FA(?) badly anymore... if he (and Stairs) was (were) in town, we wouldn't have room for Lind or Snider right now... and of Wells, Rios, and Johnson, who is the one you would castaway?

Hopefully for Reeds sake he has a great playoff run and gets a big spotlight put on him... he deserves it.

That is like saying that the Tomo Oka signing was brilliant because if he hadn't so utterly shit the bed and been so horrible that he lost his job then JP wouldn't ever have known about Marcum and Macgowan.

I don't think it's the exact same thing. I think Reed is good... Oka bad. Getting rid of talent because you have talent waiting in the wings is one thing... getting a chance to play because a FA signing is a flop is another (And doesn't look great on JP, but not that bad either cause he did have McGown and Marcum show up). Bottom line however is with the teams recent play, and how good the potential of the pitching staff is, JP has done enough to stick it out for another off-season.